Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Starting Point

Posted By: Scdogman

Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/22/22 10:46 PM

Taking my church group out on Saturday. I will scour fish tomorrow. Any starting tips would be appreciated. Never crappie fished this lake before.

Also how is the catfishing?
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/22/22 10:59 PM

If you have access to the brush pile waypoints, you can put them on em, or you can go into the pocket on the main lake near Kates point and catch em in the timber, Sand Branch, and Lick Creek as well. Last weekend we hammered em in Lick fishing the many Cedars. Crappie are at 15' to 18' deep right now.

As for the catfish, the lake is loaded with them. If you have some soured wheat, chum 3 spots in the timber in about 15 to 25 foot deep, and then rotate thru them and you will catch a mess.

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/23/22 02:47 AM

Thank you. Will post results

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/26/22 03:49 AM

Ended up fishing brush piles. Ended up with 14 crappie and 5 catfish. Seems like one dink for every keeper.

They enjoyed themselves!!!
Posted By: Shooter66

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/27/22 07:10 AM

Curious about where to obtain the brush pile waypoints?

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/27/22 11:45 AM

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/printthread/Board/3/main/941226/type/thread
Posted By: Lino_NTX

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/27/22 05:50 PM

Hey David, can you direct me to Kate's Point? I've Googled and searched for this point but can't seem to find location/coordinates. Thanks

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/28/22 11:01 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/28/22 11:05 AM

There are two points at the very southern tip as you see in the picture. The point on the right comes out several hundred yards before it drops off deeper than 15'. The point on the left drops off very quick.
Posted By: Lino_NTX

Re: Ray Roberts Starting Point - 09/28/22 07:04 PM

Thank you David this is really helpful to me as a new crappie angler. Tight lines!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum