Texas Fishing Forum

Navarro Mills and Cedar Creek

Posted By: Laner

Navarro Mills and Cedar Creek - 09/15/22 07:31 PM

I’ve been doing quite a bit of scouting on Navarro Mills during my time between offshore fishing stints, and I like what I’m seeing. Low water levels around Ft Worth have me getting creative, and has also pushed me to venture out of my comfort zones. Based off of the number of fish I’m seeing, and the massive amount of piles I’ve added to my arsenal, I’ll now be offering that lake for guided trips.

After a couple of days of constant mapping and graphing, I finally stopped to fish one of the spots I found. 13 drops in a row with a White Hot Thump Chubby yielded 13 keepers. All fish were caught in 5-7ft of water, and would hit as I was lowering the jig painfully slow. It’s been awhile since I’ve fished plastic, and you know I loved getting to feel that thump again!

[Linked Image]

While I was playing around on NM, RD Myers was busy lowering the lake levels on Cedar Creek. He polished off a double limit yesterday (9/14) in 10-18ft, using Slab Syndicate jigs and live minnows. The cooler temps have the crappie on CC fired off a little earlier than usual, and I can’t even imagine how silly it’s going to get once October rolls into town.

Hunting and fishing everyday… man I love this time of year!!

Call/text me at 817-266-9811 for our current fall openings. I’m always happy to talk fishing! You can also see our openings and book online through our websites below.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Navarro Mills and Cedar Creek - 09/15/22 11:35 PM

The only thing wrong with Navaro Mills is no fish cleaning stations...
Posted By: Laner

Re: Navarro Mills and Cedar Creek - 09/16/22 02:29 AM

Jig Man, the more I think about it, I don’t know that I fish any lakes that actually do have a cleaning station. Cleaning fish in the shade does sound pretty nice sometimes!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Navarro Mills and Cedar Creek - 09/16/22 03:41 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum