Texas Fishing Forum

Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville??

Posted By: dln1957

Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/01/22 09:08 PM

Is there any standing timber accessible with a kayak? Would like to catch some crappie and am fairly new to the area. Thanks much.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/01/22 09:58 PM

there is a bunch! but i wouldn't go this weekend with all the knuckleheads if i was in a kayak!

get on google earth and take a look. not sure where you prefer to launch from.
Posted By: dln1957

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/02/22 12:38 AM

I live on the east side of the lake. I have looked at Google earth and didn't see the timber. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/02/22 01:51 AM

The back of basically every major cove/arm on the east side has productive timber on it. Cottonwood creek area, 121 marina area, hidden cove all come to mind. Lots of submerged timber on the mainlake deep too but you will need electronics for that.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/02/22 01:57 AM

There's some timber in the Pilot Knoll area that we do pretty well on in the spring. Don't know about late summer/early fall. There's quite a bit up north of the bridge in the Little Elm area. Not sure if you want to go that far from the boat ramp. I'm sure there's somewhere to put in closer than the Little Elm boat ramp. Actually, there's a little bit of timber to the south of that bridge too but you don't wanna fish that on the weekend unless you want do some wake surfing. Not much help this time of year. I'm usually catfishing from now until March. I can tell you there are some great brush piles that hold pretty good fish. As far as where they are, well....they're somewhere between the dam and 380. Good luck!

texas
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/02/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by skeetmaster
There's some timber in the Pilot Knoll area that we do pretty well on in the spring. Don't know about late summer/early fall. There's quite a bit up north of the bridge in the Little Elm area. Not sure if you want to go that far from the boat ramp. I'm sure there's somewhere to put in closer than the Little Elm boat ramp. Actually, there's a little bit of timber to the south of that bridge too but you don't wanna fish that on the weekend unless you want do some wake surfing. Not much help this time of year. I'm usually catfishing from now until March. I can tell you there are some great brush piles that hold pretty good fish. As far as where they are, well....they're somewhere between the dam and 380. Good luck!

texas

roflmao
Posted By: Lewisville Catfishing

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/02/22 08:22 PM

I haven't been up in that area in a really long time, but you might still be able to put your kayak in at the old ramp at Doe Branch (North of Little Elm Bridge). Lots of shallow stumps and timber in that area or maybe circle around the point on the opposite side (west) of the ramp and head more north to fish the (arm/timber that runs towards the 380 bridge)
Posted By: TR176

Re: Standing Timber in Lake Lewisville?? - 09/05/22 02:23 AM

Launch at cottonwood park you will be about 50 feet from the water at the end of the parking lot past the marina. In the water go past the marina and turn left, look up, those trees you see on the far bank up the creek are bois d arc in fishable depth water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum