Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma Fishing Help

Posted By: PhotonSlinger

Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 08/31/22 02:21 AM

Hey everybody, just like the title says, I need some help for Texoma next week. My Colorado hunting trip had a last minute change of plans so I'm taking my parents to Texoma next week and staying the whole week fishing with them. We will be chasing stripers, bass, and crappie. We have only been on the lake one time, the best I recall we stayed around the lighthouse marina area? This time we will be staying at Eisenhower State Park. I have been reading the fishing reports for various species and searching here and the census seems to be that most reports are very vague and useless at best. I will be posting this on the other specialty forums for selected species of fish we will be chasing. Not looking for honey holes and coordinates but I would really appreciate where to focus our efforts( areas of the lake) and with what tackle for anybody that minds helping me out. We have a 19 foot skeeter to fish out of so as long as the wind helps us out we should be able to get to wherever we need to. I will say that I like to jig for crappie and not much on baiting with a minnow and waiting so theres that. Thank you all for anybody that has any suggestions and tips, very much appreciated!!!!
Posted By: DBC

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 08/31/22 03:42 AM

Look for brush piles along the shores and lake points Crappie on Texoma are shallow are around the marinas but brush piles are the key. Are you can go over to the OK. side and fish the marked brush piles just look for them on a lake map I have had alot of good luck fishing them.

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 09/01/22 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by DBC
Look for brush piles along the shores and lake points Crappie on Texoma are shallow are around the marinas but brush piles are the key. Are you can go over to the OK. side and fish the marked brush piles just look for them on a lake map I have had alot of good luck fishing them.

Thanks for the tips!
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 09/01/22 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by PhotonSlinger
Originally Posted by DBC

Thanks for the tips!

Texoma really doesn't have timber. The fish will hold onto the poles around the marinas just like it would timber in another lake. I would work them 3ft deep and all the way down to 12ft or so. And I am not a "color" guy but pumpkin/chart is a killer combo on that lake. And I have always had my best luck with very large baits.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 09/01/22 03:43 PM

I've only been up there twice but caught a lot of fish and won one tourney there in 2016. We never left Big Mineral either time. The lake was coming off a big flood then and we did best on steep banks finding cedar trees that washed off in the lake from the floods. Gingertruce and Bad Shad were hard to beat on that lake both times we went. Scan for brush and don't be afraid to fish shallow. thumb
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 09/01/22 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I've only been up there twice but caught a lot of fish and won one tourney there in 2016. We never left Big Mineral either time. The lake was coming off a big flood then and we did best on steep banks finding cedar trees that washed off in the lake from the floods. Gingertruce and Bad Shad were hard to beat on that lake both times we went. Scan for brush and don't be afraid to fish shallow. thumb

In the 20 years I have crappie fished Texoma, I have only left Big Mineral 2-3 times. So many good places to fish there.
Posted By: DBC

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 09/01/22 11:16 PM

You used to do pretty good fishing in my boat slip Brian.

Re: Lake Texoma Fishing Help - 09/02/22 02:17 AM

Thanks guys for all the advice, appreciate it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum