Texas Fishing Forum

Does the lake u fish produce better a normal pool or low pool

Posted By: leanin post

Does the lake u fish produce better a normal pool or low pool - 07/09/22 04:28 PM

wondering if u do better when your lakes are low.. as for central texas we have ALOT of submerged timber that never gets fished during normal lake levels.. I prefer the lakes 6 to 8 feet low. harder to launch the boat, but the fishing seems alot better for me..
Posted By: gborg

Re: Does the lake u fish produce better a normal pool or low pool - 07/10/22 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by leanin post
wondering if u do better when your lakes are low.. as for central texas we have ALOT of submerged timber that never gets fished during normal lake levels.. I prefer the lakes 6 to 8 feet low. harder to launch the boat, but the fishing seems alot better for me..

By far the best fishing has been when lake levels are low and falling. When Bridgeport was 26 feet low, we caught more Hybrids than any other time! PK the same , when's she was 14 feet low and in the late fall , the stripes were so easy to find .
Posted By: SK.

Re: Does the lake u fish produce better a normal pool or low pool - 07/10/22 11:30 PM

Less water=Less places for them to hide.....
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Does the lake u fish produce better a normal pool or low pool - 07/11/22 02:24 AM

On my crappie lake, full pool. Either that or I need four wheel drive on my boat to go stump bumping, without leaving the lower unit in the lake.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Does the lake u fish produce better a normal pool or low pool - 07/11/22 11:47 PM

If we are talking post spawn, I prefer a flooded lake. It really stacks them up on vertical cover when most bottom cover is too deep. If we are talking the rest of the year, full pool is better. Can't walk the creeks with a flooded or low lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum