Texas Fishing Forum

Help on Granbury

Posted By: Lucas Loafman

Help on Granbury - 05/09/22 09:46 PM

I have a buddy with a lake house that we're going to have a guys weekend on the 21st and am pulling up the boat, but have never fished it and probably wont again. It looks like lots of docks and some nice bridges. Are those the best starting places this time of year or will it be too late for docks? I have livescope and SI, so if anyone can point me in a general direction, that would be much appreciated! Also, we're not married to crappie either so if there are good general hybrid or catfish locations, we're game for that too. Thanks!
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Help on Granbury - 05/10/22 02:08 AM

I can only tell you this, absolutely stay in the boat lanes. Tons of barely submerged trees over by the docks in front of lakeside homes on the North side of the lake, especially in the middle portion of the lake. People have signs in front of their homes that say, "If you can read this, you're in the stumps", and they're right. That lake throws me a beating on fishing every single time. I think I've only ever caught two fish out of it, in the years I've been going there. I seldom go any more. Mainly due to the massive number of underwater trees. It's a tackle eating lake for sure.

Re: Help on Granbury - 05/11/22 04:28 AM

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea and will certainly go slow!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Help on Granbury - 05/11/22 01:47 PM

I've never fished it but hear it's a good dock lake! That's where I would start looking anyhow. It's a pretty lake. Irbys has great fish and hush puppies if that place is still around. I used to buy their hush puppies by the bag years ago!
Posted By: Scotty B Fishin'

Re: Help on Granbury - 05/11/22 07:54 PM

Be prepared for a barrage of large wakes. Summertime on a long, narrow body of water. I hate being negative, just want you to be mentally prepared to deal with the chaos.
Posted By: TheThumpChump

Re: Help on Granbury - 05/13/22 06:05 PM

Shad spawn should be about wrapped up by then, and more fish should be settling into their postspawn pattern. Docks are mostly what I fish there any time of the year. You should definitely be able to find some under them. Bridges are good places to give a look at with the graph this time of year. Timber too. There are some brushpiles here and there, and some TPWD condos listed on the lake page. Don't be afraid to scan around a nearby marina either. They'll usually be holding some fish up in the stalls.

Re: Help on Granbury - 05/13/22 08:55 PM

Thank you all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum