Texas Fishing Forum

Spring Creek - Ray Roberts

Posted By: JP924

Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/15/22 12:55 PM

Spring has sprung up Spring Creek off Ray Roberts yesterday. Water temps in the mid 60's, creek was muddy with lots of bait fish and a few crappie. The day didn't start off great cuz my go to spot for minnows were out which pushed me to go with jigs. Caught 6 with only two keeper size. It was busy up in the creek for a weekday, quite a few boats and yaks. Minnows did seem to be the ticket though with those that were using them catching more.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/15/22 06:01 PM

It will be even more busy after this post
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/15/22 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

Some people never learn…..
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/15/22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Yep
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/18/22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ledeez

Yep

And he is probably wandering why all the yaks and boats were there..
Posted By: megabucks461

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/24/22 02:40 PM

Or maybe he just wanted to help people that aren’t as accomplished as all of you. Nice gesture OP.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/24/22 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by megabucks461
Or maybe he just wanted to help people that aren’t as accomplished as all of you. Nice gesture OP.

cheers flag
Posted By: Eric

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/24/22 03:49 PM

when I joined TFF it was to learn more about catching. . I am embarrassed to see people not only willing to help but chastise others who do help. Thx for sharing JP 924

and others who agree tff is to help.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/24/22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eric
when I joined TFF it was to learn more about catching. . I am embarrassed to see people not only willing to help but chastise others who do help. Thx for sharing JP 924

Lot of info shared regarding technique, types of locations to look for, etc. But, as soon as a specific location is leaked, here or anywhere else on the internet, it’s only a matter of time before people are out there with 50 lb test and surf rods and it’s trashed out. People stay tight lipped for a reason when it comes to locations.
Posted By: BOBTHENAILER

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/25/22 03:55 PM

Lot of info shared regarding technique, types of locations to look for, etc. But, as soon as a specific location is leaked, here or anywhere else on the internet, it’s only a matter of time before people are out there with 50 lb test and surf rods and it’s trashed out. People stay tight lipped for a reason when it comes to locations.

A lot of folks know how to fish for crappie with reasonable success. The specific piece of information they need is, at least, a general location on a body of water to get started. Not, go to blah blah marina, and fish the 3rd slip to the left on dock #2, but They've been catching some at blah blah marina in the boat slips.

I know that's what I needed help with. and I got some here. Also if you look at my post's you will see that I have shared helpful info for the other members.

If you are not willing to help out someone who may not have a $50,000 boat with livescope and maybe fishes with minnows (the horror!!) from the bank or crappie barges or gets permission to fish someone's boat dock on a good lake, maybe you need to think back to when you needed help and couldn't get any.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/25/22 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by BOBTHENAILER

A lot of folks know how to fish for crappie with reasonable success. The specific piece of information they need is, at least, a general location on a body of water to get started. Not, go to blah blah marina, and fish the 3rd slip to the left on dock #2, but They've been catching some at blah blah marina in the boat slips.

I know that's what I needed help with. and I got some here. Also if you look at my post's you will see that I have shared helpful info for the other members.

If you are not willing to help out someone who may not have a $50,000 boat with livescope and maybe fishes with minnows (the horror!!) from the bank or crappie barges or gets permission to fish someone's boat dock on a good lake, maybe you need to think back to when you needed help and couldn't get any.

This! This is the crappie section, not the bass fishing section.
Posted By: BOBTHENAILER

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/25/22 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by deucer02
Originally Posted by BOBTHENAILER

This! This is the crappie section, not the bass fishing section.

Yeah, but it's starting to sound like the bass section. And since crappie have now officially entered "The Big Time" with tournaments etc, it may get more like the bass section :violin
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/26/22 06:52 PM

popcorn2

I come in here to see which lake has the potential to limit out...instead I get to watch a Telemundo episode unfold
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/26/22 07:26 PM

Every lake has the potential to limit out! You just have to know how to fish. Then put in the time to find them. scared
Posted By: TheThumpChump

Re: Spring Creek - Ray Roberts - 04/27/22 05:58 PM

Just an observational note here...This thread has around 15 people in it. It also has almost 2,500 views.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum