Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: tackarst

Ray Roberts - 04/06/22 01:58 AM

Good news is I have a new girlfriend. Better news is she loves to fish and eat fish, especially crappie. I want to take her out on Ray Roberts and do some crappie fishing. I have not fished Ray Roberts in a very long time and when I have it's been for bass. Can someone provide me with some guidance on where we should fish and what they are biting on lately. I would be very grateful for any insight anyone can provide. If you prefer you can PM me. Thank you to all who respond to this thread.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/06/22 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by tackarst
Good news is I have a new girlfriend. Better news is she loves to fish and eat fish, especially crappie. I want to take her out on Ray Roberts and do some crappie fishing. I have not fished Ray Roberts in a very long time and when I have it's been for bass. Can someone provide me with some guidance on where we should fish and what they are biting on lately. I would be very grateful for any insight anyone can provide. If you prefer you can PM me. Thank you to all who respond to this thread.

Pic's of new girl friend would entise more responses. popcorn
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/06/22 02:32 AM

If you’re in Allen just go to lavon. Ray roberts is a lot bigger and deeper lake and it can be tough fishing, and in my experience it was a lot of small fish. Plus lavon is only a few minutes down the road.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/06/22 11:02 AM

Crappie are pre staged for the spawn, you can find them shallow, look for some rock early as they will hold tight to rock as that holds heat.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/06/22 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
If you’re in Allen just go to lavon. Ray roberts is a lot bigger and deeper lake and it can be tough fishing, and in my experience it was a lot of small fish. Plus lavon is only a few minutes down the road.

Sounds like someone is protecting his home water LOL welcome
Posted By: Theroofingguy

Re: Ray Roberts - 04/09/22 05:53 PM

I’d love to find some crappie for the frying pan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum