Texas Fishing Forum

Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N?

Posted By: CrappieUP

Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/13/22 05:21 PM

Anyone dropping brush piles in standing dead timber?
Suggestions/comments pls.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/13/22 06:15 PM

Yes, new brush will concentrate the available crappie quickly.

But I will add if it gets discovered due to near trees in the area it will become a community hole quickly.

Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/13/22 07:58 PM

You are better off putting brush in a place with no cover IMO
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/14/22 01:36 AM

it depends on if the timber in the area already holds some fish. pay more attention to the bottom features of the lake.. most timber grew along old creeklines. some are submerged due to lakes being risen several or many feet over the decades. large timber patches that are on flat, unremarkable bottoms is usually not prime realestate for crappie.. timber near points , inside hard creek or river bends, isolated timber on the main lake , ect is where I look. the type of timber can also matter,, bois di arc and willow grow near alot of water.. this is a clue that there was a creek or river near them at one time, before they were flooded.
crappie like stuff on points, draws, breaklines, bends, near rockpiles, ect/.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/14/22 12:46 PM

I generally try and stay away from dropping Brushpiles next to visible trees. They attract pontoon boats. Lol!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/15/22 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
I generally try and stay away from dropping Brushpiles next to visible trees. They attract pontoon boats. Lol!

That's no lie! Find a tall tree and get close enough to see the rope marks on it and you have already found a brushpile! roflmao
Posted By: Mo

Re: Brush piles in standing dead timber- Y/N? - 03/15/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Originally Posted by Cameron

That's no lie! Find a tall tree and get close enough to see the rope marks on it and you have already found a brushpile! roflmao

Maybe two , one for south wind and one for north wind smile

Mo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum