Texas Fishing Forum

All in cost of Garmin Livescope

Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 02:29 AM

what's the number for this? Unit, trans, adaptors, TM mount/pole, everything

also, can a literate adult install it, or is this a job for the marina?

Thanks for info, I'm a full time crappie fisherman and the pics and reports I'm seeing are amazing. Thanks again
Posted By: Whaler-170

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 04:06 AM

Depends on what you want and how handy you are at rigging! Meaning what graphs you want and how you want to set the transducer up, networked etc. I prefer mine on a separate pole but everyone has their own style. Here’s my setup on a separate pole. I’ve added a mount on my port side since the pic and changed my graph mount.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 04:15 AM

Cheapest combo I’ve seen is $2400. It comes with what you need. What you need separately: good wire, a switch for the LS module, good connectors and a healthy battery.

You can watch videos all over YouTube in installing it. If you have ever installed a graph and transducer’s, you can install this.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 02:11 PM

Call Hennessy Outdoors (Brig Hennessy - 1-309-253-2784) and tell him Ron from Texas sent you and he will give you his best price on what you want. I send all my customers to Brig and not a single complaint yet.
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 02:32 PM

This thread could go in many different directions. There are so many variables that will determine your all-in cost depending on personal choices. I am piecing my system together currently a little at a time and I'll share the cost below, just keep in mind these are what I am choosing. It can be done both cheaper and more expensive. I am installing everything myself on a 2010 Skeeter FX20.

LiveScope system - Currently $1299.99
Echomap Ultra 106sv without transducer - Currently $1699.99
30Ah Lithium Battery (LiFePO4) Wide - Currently $189.99
BeatDown Outdoors "The Flex" graph mount - Currently $325.00
Doub-L-Seat Ultrex livescope pole mount - Currently $399.00

Total - $3913.97

This does not include shipping on any item or miscellaneous (shop) items such as wire, connectors, heat shrink, etc.

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 04:35 PM

thanks for the comments

so options are to mount on a separate pole or mount on the trolling motor?

and there are different graphs (panoptix and echo map?)
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 04:51 PM

Like it was said all depends on how far down the rabbit hole you wanna go. Im a DIY type of guy and built my own pole and running everything in a self contained box so its portable and did the 1022/brain/lithium battery for a little more than 3K.

Have been running it for a few months, and am going to change some stuff up. I will want it on a dedicated pole, but want it mounted to the TM shaft. Also went a head and got a double mount for my 12" Carbon, and my 10" garmin up front. You gotta find what works for you. I tournament fish for bass, but chase the crappie almost just as much. So pole mounted works for me. A lot of bass guys are running it straight off their TM shafts cause they are chasing fish out deep. But then you loose your ability to spotlock and stay on target with the scope tranducer.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 07:18 PM

I have about 2300 in my whole setup. I have the 7 inch unit and my setup is portable. I don't feel like I miss anything with the smaller screen
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 09:16 PM

you can get the 93 with both transducers right now for 1999.00....go look in the for sale section
Posted By: aclaimsman

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/10/22 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
I have about 2300 in my whole setup. I have the 7 inch unit and my setup is portable. I don't feel like I miss anything with the smaller screen

You probably don't, you have young eyes smile
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/11/22 12:48 AM

I have to store my boat outside so I will be making my unit portable. Mounting the transducer on a individual pole suits my style of fishing the best.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/11/22 02:53 PM

I tell people that fish with me what to get to just save till you can afford a 12" screen! Cause once they've spent a day looking at mine they won't be happy with the smaller ones. I've used the 9,10, and 12s. I'm blind as a bat so the larger screen helps and I can pick up details I feel like I would miss with a smaller screen. Fishing brushpiles, bridges, and rocks etc it probably wouldn't make as much difference but primarily fishing timber the bigger screen and better detail has helped me pick out several fish I feel I would miss otherwise. Langdon's Lake Fork 3.17 Jr angler record was one of them. She was hid behind a large tree and just her nose and forehead were sticking out. I could see her nose and the hump on top of her head and knew it was a big crappie! He proved me right! David with Shut Up and Fish is the man and he's right here in Texas. I wouldn't look anywhere else! I'm headed over there soon to upgrade the Slab Sled some more!

Slew thumb

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/13/22 01:59 AM

great info here cheers
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/14/22 02:45 AM

Flip Flop Fisher,

Give me a call (the number is below in my signature file) as I would be happy to answer all of your questions. We are your authorized dealer, certified installers, and educators for Garmin Marine.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/14/22 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Flip Flop Fisher,

Give me a call (the number is below in my signature file) as I would be happy to answer all of your questions. We are your authorized dealer, certified installers, and educators for Garmin Marine.

[Linked Image]

David is the best,..best installer, best customer service,.. king
Posted By: cr2018

Re: All in cost of Garmin Livescope - 02/14/22 02:45 PM

We would appreciate your business here at Jones Trolling Motor and Electronics, we pride ourselves on having great customer service as well as having the products you want and doing a factory install on your boat. Electronics are getting expensive and it is no secret lots of care must be taken when installing these products.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum