Texas Fishing Forum

Tough day yesterday at Cedar Creek but worked out ...

Posted By: Ron Douthit

Tough day yesterday at Cedar Creek but worked out ... - 11/12/21 01:28 PM

Had veterans day off yesterday -- thanks to all who have served.

I'm trying to stock up on crappie to share with my family when we travel for Thanksgiving. Filled my ice chest with ice and went out to fill it with crappie at sunrise.

With the cold front the fish were not very cooperative early. Last weekend I caught 26 in 3 hours so I went to those same spots but I could only get a few fish to come out of the brush piles. I tried upsizing, downsizing, holding it still, pitching and swimming -- different depths -- different cover types laydowns, brush piles, tall underwater trees but very little luck. At noon I had only caught 10 with only 4 keepers. Finally around noon I moved to a spot where there is a brush pile on a flat near a drop off and I found fish staged away from the pile on the slope. When I pitched and swam my jig over that slope I caught I fish almost every pitch. I left while the fish were still biting at 1pm because I was hungry and tired -- not sure how many more I could have caught from that spot.

Ended the trip with 20 with 10 keepers mostly in the 11-12" range -- 2 over 13". All fish caught on ghost minnow thumb chubby with either 1/8 or 1/16 ounce pink jig head.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tough day yesterday at Cedar Creek but worked out ... - 11/12/21 01:54 PM

Usually the day of a front fish seem be less active. Good job getting the ones you got. thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Tough day yesterday at Cedar Creek but worked out ... - 11/12/21 09:19 PM

thumb Well done sir!
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Tough day yesterday at Cedar Creek but worked out ... - 11/13/21 02:18 PM

Good job!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum