Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie house

Posted By: spacejunkie

Crappie house - 11/08/21 02:18 PM

Wife wants to spend Christmas with the kids and grandkids on a lake around Dallas so she is searching now. Does anyone know of a lake within an hour of Dallas that has a decent crappie house I could take the grandkids to where they might catch a few crappie. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Dipping Jim

Re: Crappie house - 11/08/21 06:59 PM

lake Ray Hubbard has one and I think Tawakoni does check their web sites for location.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Crappie house - 11/08/21 11:33 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Crappie house - 11/09/21 12:50 AM

If you don’t mind a country drive, head about 45 minutes South to High View Marina on Lake Bardwell in Ennis. Lots of dock to fish, 2 enclosed Crappie Houses, lots of good brush and a well stocked store. They carry as many crappie jigs as a Bass Pro shop.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Crappie house - 11/09/21 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by JWfish
If you don’t mind a country drive, head about 45 minutes South to High View Marina on Lake Bardwell in Ennis. Lots of dock to fish, 2 enclosed Crappie Houses, lots of good brush and a well stocked store. They carry as many crappie jigs as a Bass Pro shop.

+1 on High View if it`s still in business! Lots of memories in that back house! thumb
Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Wife wants to spend Christmas with the kids and grandkids on a lake around Dallas so she is searching now. Does anyone know of a lake within an hour of Dallas that has a decent crappie house I could take the grandkids to where they might catch a few crappie. Thanks in advance.

PM sent thumb
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Crappie house - 11/09/21 06:39 PM

The one on bardwell was producing a couple days ago I heard.
Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

Re: Crappie house - 11/09/21 09:15 PM

Lake Lewisville has one.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Crappie house - 11/10/21 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz

+1 on High View if it`s still in business! Lots of memories in that back house! thumb

PM sent thumb

That old faithful triangle cheers
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Crappie house - 11/11/21 03:02 AM

Lake Lewisville
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Crappie house - 11/11/21 01:49 PM

I don't think there is one on Lake Ray Hubbard or Tawakoni anymore.

Lake Lewisville has a good one but I'm not sure that I would call it kid friendly.

Bardwell would be my choice but I can't say that I have been to any of them lately.

Good luck and enjoy the family time!

Re: Crappie house - 11/11/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Slide_R
I don't think there is one on Lake Ray Hubbard or Tawakoni anymore.

Lake Lewisville has a good one but I'm not sure that I would call it kid friendly.

Bardwell would be my choice but I can't say that I have been to any of them lately.

Good luck and enjoy the family time!

Yes Sir on LRH & Tawakoni. Tawakoni has two within a couple miles from each other and they are fishing quite well.... as of the last report I received coolio

Re: Crappie house - 11/11/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Action_Jackson
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

PM sent thumb

That old faithful triangle cheers

YES SIR AJ !I see U been There bro... bak N D Kona! cheers
Posted By: pawj

Re: Crappie house - 11/11/21 11:13 PM

Lake Tawakoni has a nice crappie house and you can fish on boat slips also. Seniors fish for 5.00$ and it's clean. Haven't fished in a couple of months. (Duck Cove Marina). Ray Hubbard has a nice Marina with inside and outside fishing. (Harbor Bay) west of Interstate 30 off Horizon exit. Phone #'s Tawakoni- 903 356 3240 and Ray Hubbard- 972 771 0071
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum