Texas Fishing Forum

Fork or LOP, maybe both

Posted By: Lottfisher

Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 12:53 AM

I am planning a crappie fishing trip next week for 4 or 5 days. My home waters out of Waller that being Somerville, Conroe, Houston do not produce consistent keeper fish.So my plan is to head north. I was hoping for some information about locations for me to access some trees or bridge pilings via kayak, without paddling miles. Fork, LOP, Palestine. I may camp out as this time of year the night temps can be comfortable. I put a budget together, because I am on a fixed income, and it looks like I can fish for 3 to 4 days for what a 1/2 day guide will cost.
Posted By: +h20

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 02:30 AM

Cedar Creek can be really good this time of year ...a little bit closer than driving to Fork or LOP.
Posted By: Rangerbobtx

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 10:46 AM

Just for future thought, don't overlook Texana, it has some very good crappie fishing without the pressur
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 01:40 PM

Are you going to fish out of a boat or on the bank ?
The cost with the guide will get you out on the water where you can not reach from the bank ,
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 02:48 PM

If you go to Fork, there is a public ramp down CR 3330, it is off 515 just past the dollar General and Star Mart. If you look at a map, you will see that the ramp is down a side road off 3330 just before you cross the back of board tree cove. A lot of kayakers launch there and it is full of brush piles and hard timber. You can also launch at the Rains Wood public ramp and be in good water close to the ramp, plus the 2946 bridge is there and should be holding fish.
Posted By: bucsfan69

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 02:54 PM

The boat ramp on 515 is directly across from the bridge, so no problem paddling to it. Boat ramp on 2946 ( next to Birch Creek) is even closer to the pylons and closer to main lake standing timber. I live up Birch a little and have been catching nice sized blacks as of late on Bobby garland originals in monkey milk, green n blue on 3/16 oz white darter heads, round heads haven’t done as well, for me anyway. And of course minnows will get them any time.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 04:20 PM

Unless your Livescoping on the Yak I would avoid LOP. Fork and CC both have some good bridges as suggested above and Fork being down some has alot more timber showing that Pines. Docks on CC should be holding some fish too.
Posted By: Lottfisher

Re: Fork or LOP, maybe both - 10/14/21 07:24 PM

Thank you all for the information. I will be fishing Fork in the 2946 area for sure...Lawton
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum