Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine help

Posted By: SwampHunter

Grapevine help - 10/06/21 03:29 AM

Thinking of trying grapevine friday evening anyone been having any luck ? Thinking of trying the north end of lake
Posted By: Knappster

Re: Grapevine help - 10/06/21 11:06 PM

I picked up about 20 keepers this morning from 9am to noon on brush piles and drop offs in about 20-25 FOW with most fish caught between 8-15 feet deep on jigs. Lots of 9 inch fish to weed through but fun to catch anyway. Today I fished on the south side mid-lake and then just a little near Rocky Point on the northwest side today. It’s been pretty consistent for me over the past 6 weeks or so. I’m not sure how the evening bite has been as I’ve not been out there much in the evening.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine help - 10/07/21 12:02 AM

Bite has been great if you have some brush located. Like stated above, you have to weed through small fish and a 12inch fish will be big fish of the day most likely.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Grapevine help - 10/07/21 01:45 PM

Never pass up fishing the rocky points. I love me some Crappie on the rocks.

Re: Grapevine help - 10/08/21 02:24 AM

Thanks guys , we are going to give it a try tomorrow evening

Re: Grapevine help - 10/09/21 08:33 PM

Was out last night marked fish I thought but didn’t catch anything but 1 catfish
Came home about 1:30 am 👎👎
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Grapevine help - 10/10/21 07:06 PM

Sorry to hear about the lack of crappie last night. I think most of the close lakes to DFW you must have brush piles or submerged trees marked in order to catch keeper size crappie. But, keep trying! Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum