Texas Fishing Forum

Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ?

Posted By: Catfanman

Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/14/21 01:55 AM

Which are better rod brands the acc crappie stix lineup or the bone stix lineup because i already have a acc and like it but i was thinking about trying out bone stix in the future ?
Posted By: Crappie Husband

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/14/21 02:31 AM

I have bone stix 12’ and 13’ spiral series rods. I really like the concept and want to love them, but they are more brittle than my pro angler rods. Those are the only brands I use so far so that’s all I can compare them to. So far I have broken two of the 3. Blake’s customer service was great and he sent me a free replacement section on the first one, and the second one was just the tip on the 13’ so I just cut it down to the next eyelet and have used it as is with no issues.

If you like fishing with bait caster reels they are cheap enough to give one a try.
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/14/21 07:51 PM

I been wanting to try both of these rod companies, I currently have a few southern crappie rods I like, and some bnm rods I like, I also have some h-t panfish specials that are real good for the price. I am curious on this subject to see everyone responses.

Are you looking for jigging, trolling, or casting rods?
Posted By: Catfanman

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/14/21 11:49 PM

A good rod that i can drop a live minnow off a bridge
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/15/21 12:14 AM

I like BnM's, I use the 8 and 9 footers for using minnows mostly, and some jigs. The price is right, and they're
sold at Cabelas amd Bass Pro...wife and I both like them.. fish
Posted By: Tex5000

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/15/21 05:39 AM

Pro angler Crappie Rods.

https://proanglertackle.com/crappie-rods.html
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/16/21 07:37 PM

I am going to comment but I hate to! laugh I am sponsored by ACC and they are great rods, some of the best I have used with awesome customer service. I have one of every size, grip etc they have and I LOVE THE RODS. I would not take a sponsorship from a company that I did not like the rods. On the other hand Blake is a good friend of mine and I have used one of his rods that he sent me, still use it off camera. It is a great rod. Feels a lot different than that ACC, a little stiffer, but I also know that he has gone through some revisions as well. My rod is 2 years old, one of the start up rods. Long story put short, you cannot go wrong with either. Both owners are great people that make a product for the people, so there is my 2 Cents.
Posted By: 25R624

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/16/21 09:20 PM

I have 2 ACC rods and love them. Strong, light and sensitive. I can fish all day and not be fatigued. I have an 8' and 10' with the winn grips.

Bonehead has new E-Series Carbon Fiber Rod. I picked one up a few weeks ago and it felt really good. It's light and priced right.

https://www.boneheadtackle.com/product-category/carbon-fiber-rods/
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/16/21 10:01 PM

ACC is all I have used. I have an 11”footer , Go pick one up and feel it. I went around and picked a few different brands up and was sold the minute I touched one, strong, light, Winn grip handle. They will be at the crappie expo in Shreveport next month and will have a booth there, I’ll be going and will pick up another while I’m there as they have great deals there. If your a crappie enthusiast I recommend you go just to go and put your hands on the latest and greatest it's two weeks away.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/16/21 11:52 PM

I just wish ACC would have the option of Eva foam for the grip
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/17/21 08:34 PM

FYI you can get ACC rods at Crappiecove.com along with other fishing gear. If you use the code ASLEEP10 at check out you save 10% on all your orders. Just wanted you all to know. They sell more than rods. They have baits, reels scales, eye hole jigs and more. Check them out if you get a chance.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/17/21 09:58 PM

Can't forget about BnM. They are all I use now.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/18/21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 25R624
I have 2 ACC rods and love them. Strong, light and sensitive. I can fish all day and not be fatigued. I have an 8' and 10' with the winn grips.

Bonehead has new E-Series Carbon Fiber Rod. I picked one up a few weeks ago and it felt really good. It's light and priced right.

https://www.boneheadtackle.com/product-category/carbon-fiber-rods/

+1 on that E-Series Carbon Rod! thumb & BnM`s are tried & tru fish stickers
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/20/21 02:17 PM

BnM stands for Brooms and Mops. They decided to try making fishing rods. True.

I have an 11 Foot BnM Sam Heaton Super Sensitive I bought long before I bought my First ACC. The BnM in my opinion feels like I am fishing with a Rubber Band.

Not knocking them at all.

Just saying I personally like the ACC rods better.

The 12 Foot ACC used to be made with the EVA Foam but Andy decided to go with the Winn Grip style and cork moving forward. I do like the new Super Grips / Winn Grips.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/20/21 04:30 PM

As I always say different Strokes 4 different Folks thumb roflmao Brooms and Mops though?? Now that`s funny big G roflmao
Posted By: shill

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/20/21 08:25 PM

I had bone head and tried a ACC. And the ACC has better action and just feels better. I am only using 8’ and 10’. All I use now is ACC. Awesome company
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 09/27/21 11:45 PM

Huckabee Rod and Mad Crappie Jig Shankenstien. No worries...I'm hard on rods.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 10/02/21 06:14 PM

Both are VERY GOOD RODS. Here's the comparison....ACC -- Light in the hand with a medium tip and a strong backbone (mid section). The handles are sufficient as are the reel seats. Depending upon size of rod -- $60 - $100. BONEHEAD -- a little heavier in the hand than ACC, but not overly heavy. Has a strong tip and stronger backbone ( mid section). Handles are sufficient as are the reel seats. Depending upon size of rod -- $60 - $120. As I first said, both are very good rods. It all washes down to what you want in your hand. Good fishing and God bless.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 10/02/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tex5000

^^^^ this ^^^^
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Acc crappie stix vs bone stix crappie rods ? - 10/03/21 02:10 AM

Had them both. Loved both!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum