Texas Fishing Forum

pole ducer

Posted By: gborg

pole ducer - 09/13/21 01:42 PM

Other than making a pole ducer from clumsy pvc , who or whom makes parts and or entire ducer ?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated . Starting to get the thump fixation back as I have been chasing the pelagic fish .
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 03:07 PM

Shut up and fish makes a good one.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 03:10 PM

Tried the pole ducer and just wasn't happy with it, ended up just mounting to the Ultrex.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by gborg
Other than making a pole ducer from clumsy pvc , who or whom makes parts and or entire ducer ?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated . Starting to get the thump fixation back as I have been chasing the pelagic fish .

Because of their options I suggest you take a look at www.FishingSpecialties.com Just my opinion.
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 03:47 PM

Really depends on what you're looking for.

Several companies make transducer mounts for the forward facing sonar. Some are independent of the TM and mount on some kind of bracket or RAM style mount. Some will mount directly to the TM but can be moved independently of the TM. They range in price from a couple hundred dollars for the separate mounts to over a thousand for those that mount to the TM but move independently.

Just google "live scope transducer mount" and you'll get many options.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 04:02 PM

I'm more of a bass guy but I just bought this one and I like it. Had a few gripes and called them on to discuss but it's the best I have seen for the price.

https://tackleshackllc.com/products/1054953
Posted By: 25R624

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 04:39 PM

I built my Livescope pole from an old tripod speaker stand. It is aluminum, lightweight and sturdy. I mounted it using parts designed for bimini tops and 1" aluminum tube. I've got about $50.00 in parts.
The handle is from an old hand control extension I had laying around. I bought a thumb screw (not shown) and simply loosen the thumb screw to remove it when not using.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: pole ducer - 09/13/21 08:41 PM

I have a PVC pole ducer and it is anything but flimsy. If done right, I really feel like they can't be beat for the price. I just can't justify spending 250$ on one that does the same thing.
Posted By: SK.

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Tried the pole ducer and just wasn't happy with it, ended up just mounting to the Ultrex.

LOL.....I'm with you on having it on the TM...... It does take work with having to point the TM at the fish or structure....
BUT I'd rather deal with that than an extra mechanism that you will still have to adjust to keep on the structure.....
Some of the poles I've seen I wouldn't put on a remote control boat..... pure junk....LOL
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 03:00 AM

There is only one "Poleducer".

Stop by the shop and put your hands on one. Check out the boats in the shop that have it installed. I would be happy to show you around and hook you up with a great solution for mounting any Live Sonar transducer to the Poleducer.

Poleducer
https://shut-up-and-fish.com/the-poleducer/

Our address...
https://shut-up-and-fish.com/about-us/

[Linked Image]

Simply raise and lower the Poleducer all day. Only stow and deploy the Poleducer when launching and loading the boat.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 04:34 AM

https://youtu.be/yijoR_KoiF4

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 12:06 PM

My set up will be similar to Gary Paris portable with a. ram mount .
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by HOGON

Looks nice and stout.
Posted By: Mo

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 01:50 PM

I use the mount from Fishing Specialties, very happy with it.

MO
Posted By: Bsjr

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 04:24 PM

I ran my pvc pole that I made for about a year and recently installed the Fishing Specialties pole. Should’ve ditched my pvc pole sooner.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: pole ducer - 09/14/21 04:56 PM

My set up will be similar to Gary Paris portable with a. ram mount .

I copied his set up as well.. the ammo box he uses is ok, but u may want to put a lid cable on it. if the lid opens all the way back, the hinge comes undone and the lid falls off the box. I also put a luggage strap on the sides of the box, so I can carry the box and poleducer easily when I remove the system from my boat and put it inside. The box he uses is large, a smaller box can be used. I velcro my battery to the bottom of the box, and mounted black box module to the side.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: pole ducer - 10/17/21 08:56 PM

The Poleducer now comes standard with the 2" x 3" rectangle base mount instead of the 3.68" round base and our new one-piece Ram Mount on the sleeve instead of the two u-bolts. This thing is solid. You can increase tension on the shaft by simply tightening one screw on the sleeve Ram Mount. Once you deploy the Poleducer you simply raise and lower it all day as you move from stop to stop with the adjustment collar. No need to stow the Poleducer until you get back on the trailer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: pole ducer - 10/18/21 03:38 AM

Fishing Specialtys .com

Re: pole ducer - 10/20/21 01:07 PM

Fishing Specialties or home made devices appear to be the only way to go !!
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: pole ducer - 10/24/21 03:49 PM

If you want the best one on the market get a Beatdown Outdoors. Simply the best out there.
Posted By: MasterCaster

Re: pole ducer - 10/24/21 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gonzz
If you want the best one on the market get a Beatdown Outdoors. Simply the best out there.

This^^^
Posted By: K. Loomis

Re: pole ducer - 10/24/21 08:00 PM

I personally like the one Ron Duran makes. and he is Lake Lewisville local.

Liftsavertmmount.com

Re: pole ducer - 10/25/21 11:42 AM

I'll check them out.

Re: pole ducer - 10/28/21 01:20 PM

Pulled the trigger on fishing specialties for Nautic Star 2110 on Wednesday . Looking forward to putting said equipment to work. Thanks one and all for support and advise. Have been fishing with Scott Bradshaw lately. He has been instrumental in my renewed interest in " The Thump " .
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: pole ducer - 10/28/21 02:21 PM

glad you got bit by the crappie bug again. it is fun as heck!
Posted By: akaslyguy

Re: pole ducer - 10/29/21 08:05 PM

The All Aboard All Sync mount for ultrex has caught my eye as one that could suit me good. Turns with the trolling motor, just like it was on the trolling motor shaft, when you want it to OR you can disengage that function easily and turn it with a handle by twisting the handle, instead of side to side, when you want to aim it and be spot locked. I think I would like it more than a separate pole mounted somewhere or just an electric one... but I don't know.... just getting into the live stuff but I know I probably want it off the trolling motor.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: pole ducer - 11/02/21 01:52 AM

I recently purchased my 3rd PoleDucer from David at Shut-Up-and-Fish. I purchased the 1st unit a couple of years ago, installing it on a G3. I picked up a new boat early this year and built a standalone Livescope set up to fish for crappie fishing. I recently took delivery of a Mega Live, so I purchased a 3rd unit for a permanent install.

One of my fishing partners inadvertently stepped on one of the Poleducers when he lost his balance. I needed a replacement pole and David is taking care of shipping me the replacement at no cost.

David provides great service, as well as outstanding customer support! I really appreciate him taking the extra effort to keep customers happy.

Thanks again David for all that you have done to help me out!
Posted By: UJC

Re: pole ducer - 11/06/21 10:35 PM

I'm still using David's Shut-Up-And-Fish Poleducer after two years. No problems to date and I don't have the new improved model. He's local, supports many clubs/fishing activities, and superior customer service.
Posted By: SK.

Re: pole ducer - 11/06/21 11:56 PM

I'll check them out.

Gonz is Steve with Limits Tackle, he has vids of the Beatdown pole on his Facebook page.....PM him for a quote....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum