Texas Fishing Forum

Actions Shots.....

Posted By: Fishbonz

Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 01:52 PM

..... Not yet .I have`nt figured out how to do so but I plan to ASAP. Meanwhile here is what the little black box/bag produced yesterday @ Aquila. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] As you can see i have`nt quite figured things out yet on the AT, ie dail ins etc, but there is a learning curve with all electronics.I`m willing to take a video editing class if the price is reasonable roflmao On a more serious note TFFers let`s REMEMBER what this day means in this country & what happened to thousands of people just like you & me with Family members whos lives were forever changed & those courageous Individuals who gave their lives that DAY 20 yrs ago. A day when Religion,Political views,Race,Sexuality,Sports all took a back seat. NEVER FORGET!
Posted By: SK.

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 02:22 PM

Looking good FB..... Nice catches also.....
So true about this day 20yrs ago..... Don't seem like that long ago but shows we're getting ole.....
Posted By: cellis

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 02:25 PM

Nicely done flag
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 03:41 PM

nice ones Fishbonz clap
Posted By: pop r

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 04:06 PM

Well done Horace! thumb flag

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 05:23 PM

Thanks Guys ! The stills don`t show the actual action that was going on down there.There were fish swimming all around that BP & that bridge pilling and some fish would come in to take a look at my bait and decide " Naw I don`t think so not today" ! There were a couple of big fish that I tried to temp like the one in the image that just wouldn`t go for it . When I put my jig in his face he took off toward the bridge pilling roflmao Oh well I`ll figure it out sooner or later guys.
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 08:33 PM

Glad to see you got that new gadget installed and working - and more importantly, actually using it to target the crappie. Let me know when you want to put in at Lewisville so we can compare notes!

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/11/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by DFW-fisherman
Glad to see you got that new gadget installed and working - and more importantly, actually using it to target the crappie. Let me know when you want to put in at Lewisville so we can compare notes!

Sure thing Don! thumb
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/12/21 02:05 AM

Great Pics Harace! ! ! And Yes, 20 years ago. . . A day to REMEMBER.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/12/21 03:44 AM

Awesome! thumb
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/12/21 03:50 PM

nice pics Bonz! yes it will take some learning for sure. looks like you could reduce depth and forward range to increase the size of the sonar results. if the deepest crappie are at 20 feet, set the depth at 23 and leave it there. no need to show 30 ft deep when there are no biting fish there - make sense?

also you may experiment with braid and add a split shot about 12 inches above your jig to get something else that the sonar can reach to help see your bait.

you will also pick up quickly on whether they want the jig vertical in their face or moving/pitching. i've had fish that wouldn't touch a vertical jig, but would slam a swimming jig on a slow pitch.

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/12/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
nice pics Bonz! yes it will take some learning for sure. looks like you could reduce depth and forward range to increase the size of the sonar results. if the deepest crappie are at 20 feet, set the depth at 23 and leave it there. no need to show 30 ft deep when there are no biting fish there - make sense?

also you may experiment with braid and add a split shot about 12 inches above your jig to get something else that the sonar can reach to help see your bait.

you will also pick up quickly on whether they want the jig vertical in their face or moving/pitching. i've had fish that wouldn't touch a vertical jig, but would slam a swimming jig on a slow pitch.

Duly Noted Dude. Much appreciated. Don`t take this the wrong way but maybe you could offer some examples for those of us whom R still learning this new technology.I admit I have a ways to go before I achieve a level of competence. What type unit do you have? Bless us with your action shots.
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Actions Shots..... - 09/12/21 05:19 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum