Texas Fishing Forum

Where have I been? I almost died!

Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 03:35 PM

I have had several people ask me where I have been since I have not put a video out in 3 weeks. Well I got the rona which was not all that bad. The problem is that after I was pretty much healed I got double lung Pneumonia and was put in the hospital. While in the hospital I contracted the Flu. That all started August 18th and now it Sept 6th. I am home and just started eating again. I have lost over 30 pounds and on oxygen. This really sucks. I cannot wait to go fishing again. If you get the rona do not fear it, but take care of yourself. I laid on my back the entire time sleeping and watching movies which was NOT was I was supposed to do and is why I got the Pneumonia. Make sure to rest of different sides and even sleep face down when you can. Make an effort to get up and walk outside for even 10 minutes. That keeps everything from draining in your lungs. I thank those that have reached out to me and appreciate any prayers you can send as I have another 4-6 weeks with an oxygen bottle from what I have been told. Sorry this is not fishing related, but I know I have a lot of subscribers on here and it is hard to tell people what is going on when you don't have a way other than making a video. I appreciate you all. Tight Lines!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 04:16 PM

Damn man, glad you are on the mend. Take care.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 04:36 PM

Wow. Glad you are recovering. thumb
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 04:50 PM

Prayers for a complete recovery Chris! angel2

Glad you're out of the hospital and on the road to recovery.
Posted By: lazycat

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 05:43 PM

Sorry to hear this. Went down same road myself. Ambulance had to transport me to hospital as I could not stay awake. My Rona test were all negative but spent four days on IV antibiotics for double pneumonia. I only lost 11 pounds but unfortunately was only 125 before I got sick. You can call me Stick Man now. I did survive and am working harder each day to regain strength and stamina. Still annoyingly short of breath three weeks later.

Take care of yourself, brother.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 05:56 PM

My last checkup my Dr recommended I get a pneumonia shot,..."no problem doc", ...done deal. thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 06:28 PM

Sounds like you & I was dealing with almost the same [censored] around the same time...... Good to hear you pulled through.....
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 07:39 PM

Praying for you Wheel, and all the others that it looks like have been sick lately. Glad you survived and are getting better.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 08:31 PM

Praying for a full recovery Chris. angel2
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 08:44 PM

I wondered why you hadn’t posted a vid lately. I’m glad it was no worse than it was. Need to see you hitting the lake again ! thumb
Posted By: MasterCaster

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 09:35 PM

Glad that you’re on the way back.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 10:00 PM

Glad you're better! Hang in there!

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 10:55 PM

Thank you all for the kind words, Yes it has been and interesting ride. I appreciate the encouragement and feel bad that I did not know a couple of you had it going on at the same time. This round has been bad. The first one last year did not affect me much, even with people I knew. This one however has done a 180. The sad part is that out of a group of 16 that I know who were vaccinated, 12 of them got it. Not trying to start a vaccine war, just I do not see an end. At least with what I had I am good for about 7 months! lol
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 11:33 PM

Sorry to hear of your downtime yet glad you are on the road to recovery. After battling COVID myself from Aug. 10th until Yesterday (received a negative result) with a high mild case I do not wish this vicious virus on anyone. Currently, I get tired and winded easily but am on the road to recovery which I have been told can be longer than a month. I was 1 day away from getting my 1st vaccination. I am currently scheduled for this week Wednesday for my 1st vax. Get vaxed and stay safe...Those that are vaxed are getting the Delta Variance. Those that are not vaxed are getting the COVID.
Again, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery
God Bless & Tight Lines

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/06/21 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Sorry to hear of your downtime yet glad you are on the road to recovery. After battling COVID myself from Aug. 10th until Yesterday (received a negative result) with a high mild case I do not wish this vicious virus on anyone. Currently, I get tired and winded easily but am on the road to recovery which I have been told can be longer than a month. I was 1 day away from getting my 1st vaccination. I am currently scheduled for this week Wednesday for my 1st vax. Get vaxed and stay safe...Those that are vaxed are getting the Delta Variance. Those that are not vaxed are getting the COVID.
Again, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery
God Bless & Tight Lines

I would check before getting that vac. My father in law was told that he had to wait for 6 weeks after covid to get the shot. Glad you are better, it sucks..
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 01:33 AM

Get well and get out there. I know the feeling of having to wait before I can fish - ill or not.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel

I would check before getting that vac. My father in law was told that he had to wait for 6 weeks after covid to get the shot. Glad you are better, it sucks..

Thank you,
I was not admitted to the hospital so no meds were prescribed or given. I recovered over time, vitamin c (overload) vitamin d (good old sunshine), and my wife getting me up every three hours for a 4 lap walk around the house. Dr. said I am good to go for the vax whenever I can get scheduled which is this week Wednesday. I was 1 day away from my 1st vax and boom...I get it!!!
Get Well...
Posted By: 24x7Fisherman

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 02:46 AM

That must be very painful to go through this, I guess it's over. Soon you can go fishing again. It looks like this virus will stay with us forever. And a lot of people out there don't care about it anymore.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 05:08 AM

Man what a bummer! Sorry to hear this. Hang in there sarge.The fish will wait on you my brother you just get better we are pulling for you.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 10:37 AM

Glad you'll recovered.......many did not! I'm with David! Get vaxed!!!!
Posted By: Shalor

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 12:30 PM

Well, I work as a physician in Central Texas. Shut Up and Fish you set up and sold me my live scope last fall. My partner came up and got it but I’ve spoke with you several times. I’m glad you’re doing better. And I agree with your advice to get vaccinated. Whoever stated that people Who are vaccinated and unvaccinated are both catching delta. Is correct. Especially the people who got their vaccine early like me in December and January are catching it. However, people who are vaccinated are very rarely ending up in the hospital or dying. And any of you guys to get your vaccine now, or have just recently had it probably won’t catch Delta at all. It works pretty good the first 4-6 months. Also, if you had no medications such as the monoclonal antibody infusion, I think waiting about a month or six weeks would be good to get your vaccine. I wouldn’t do it immediately but you don’t have to wait three months. I hope you’re doing better and putting in live scopes again soon. Getting a new Haynie and I may let you set that one up to. Was catching Crappie using your setup like crazy yesterday. Asleep at the wheel, I’m glad you’re getting better. Hang in there. I really enjoy your videos and learned a lot about live scoping from them.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 02:37 PM

Glad ya'll are doing better! Scary stuff for sure!
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 07:40 PM

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that. It is a sad state when the doctors do nothing but send you home and do nothing to treat it until it is so severe that you have to go to the hospital. Now i am reading about a "mu variant"!!

On the bright side, the Palestine crappie numbers ought to be record numbers with you missing a few weeks! wink

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
Sorry to hear that you had to deal with that. It is a sad state when the doctors do nothing but send you home and do nothing to treat it until it is so severe that you have to go to the hospital. Now i am reading about a "mu variant"!!

On the bright side, the Palestine crappie numbers ought to be record numbers with you missing a few weeks! wink

Ha ha I think they were fine with me fishing too. We do not need any more variants. I only got one, now there are two more out there waiting to bite me. I may get a big plastic bubble for my boat and fish that way. ha ha
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 10:33 PM

glad you are feeling better clap
Posted By: cellis

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/07/21 11:41 PM

Glad you’re doing better
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/08/21 01:03 AM

Dang Chris, what a nightmare. Brother, there are plenty of prayer warriors on this site, so let us know when things aren't right. Same for the others that have endured this sickness. Glad you are pulling thru and on the mend. Same for SK and David and any others. This is a great group who knows where to go when divine intervention is needed. angel angel2
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/08/21 02:52 AM

wow sorry to hear this. Glad you are doing better, that had to be scary. keep on fighting. A friend went to europe with his daughter in early august. he is 66,& vaccinated ,went to Rome. there a few days. Planned to go to amsterdam,thenback to dallas. Went to get a c 19 test he turned up POS. Spent 10 days in hotel room/Quarntine. 1o days later POS again. !9 days in a room with crappy food. Lost like 28lbs. And never felt very bad . Finaaly in big D by 8/22 Crazy , but is good. Get well Chris, so ya can get thumped!!
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/08/21 05:54 PM

Prayers sent glad you are better, hoping for full recovery
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/08/21 11:58 PM

Glad to hear your on the mend sarge. I always appreciate it when people post their story because It tells you this virus is real and it hits home when it effects someone you know. Everyone take care of themselves and be safe. You only have one life to live and you need to make it count.
Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

Re: Where have I been? I almost died! - 09/09/21 09:10 PM

Prayers Sent angel2 Chris get well soon those crappie be calling your name. Chris come catch me fish
Thanks for your service soldier
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum