Texas Fishing Forum

Boat equipment that has changed fishing!

Posted By: Coolarrow

Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 02:33 AM

Guys I’ve been fishing my whole life.. I’m almost 55 and I seen lots of things come and go that we’re supposed to change fishing. Lures, lines, tackle, graphs, trolling motors, ect. But I bit the bullet and put and Ultrex on my old 1996 bass boat. I coupled it with a mega Di Hummingbird G4 and I will say.. this changes fishing!! I haven’t even been in a boat with the Garmin live scope or the mega live so I’m not even talking about that stuff. Just the spot lock and di view and the ability to jog 5’ in any direction with the push of a button on your graph. It’s crazy! Just fish, no fighting the boat, the wind nothing. I love it! The best money I have ever spent for fishing! Hands down! I know that guys have been using this stuff but I’m new to it and it’s amazing. Would be hard to go back to a regular trolling motor! Lol
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 03:55 AM

Spotlock and Livescope,..fishing off the back porch in a rain barrel !! fish[Linked Image]
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 10:57 AM

Why the 2 bow chairs?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by SenkoSam
Why the 2 bow chairs?

company?
Posted By: MuglyFish

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by SenkoSam
Why the 2 bow chairs?

That would be nice while fishing with my kids!!
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 06:04 PM

CRAPPIE!!!, Nice setup

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 09:04 PM

wife wife
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/29/21 09:45 PM

cheers yes some of the tech is amazin & will spoil ya. Iam a few yrs older & tryto stay on a budget. sometimes tuff when you like fishing & hunting,lolStill savin nickels for spot lock tm, soon [ i hoping] goog luck on catchin!!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/30/21 02:09 AM

I remember life crappie fishing without spotlock and using 2D. I still have my black bouys somewhere! roflmao
Posted By: Mo

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/30/21 04:57 PM

Best things to happen to crappie fishing,

Side Imaging for finding brush piles
spot lock anchoring trolling motors integrated with fishfinder
Live scope.

MO
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/30/21 07:17 PM

I would come home from fishing all day with my (manual) Fortrex trolling motor. I would be tired and fatigued. When I would walk in the door the wife would be full of energy saying hop in the shower we are going out. I would open the cupboard and hand her a plate and say I am going to take a shower and when I get out I hope there will be some food on that plate. I was tired. She said dang, all you did was fish today.
Staying in total boat control all day with the foot pedal will flat wear ya out.
Now I have the Ultrex w/anchor mode. It is like I hired someone to handle the trolling motor and all I do is fish. Now when I get home from fishing all day I tell the wife when I walk in the door that I am going to hop in the shower and when I get out we are going out. She says "wait a minute, where have you been all day".
That anchor mode "spot lock" has changed the game. banana

Get Livescope and your wife will introduce you to her new boyfriend Larry whenever you get home... roflmao
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/30/21 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
wife wife

easy there , your wife is cooler than you are Mr

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/30/21 09:13 PM

hey Chris,..and she out fish me all day,...new setup is amazing. If my grandpa could see me now...he used a 16 foot alum Vhull with 4 of us in it,..and a metal minnow bucket hanging in he water. He would not believe what we do now.. fish
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/30/21 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mo

Live scope.

MO

+1
Posted By: TryHard

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/31/21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mo

Live scope.

MO

💯. The majority of my success has come using this exact process, but I do not have CheatScope. Side imaging to find the cover, drop a waypoint, “spot lock at cursor,” sonar view when I’m spot locked.

This is my first year with an Ultrex and linked graph up front. My next purchase will be a h-bird graph for the console. Right now I have a Lowrance at the wheel and my h-bird up front.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/31/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
hey Chris,..and she out fish me all day,...new setup is amazing. If my grandpa could see me now...he used a 16 foot alum Vhull with 4 of us in it,..and a metal minnow bucket hanging in he water. He would not believe what we do now.. fish

Good for her!

I love it for Crappie, so addicting

Bass it is kicking my tail trying learn it at 70 feet
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 08/31/21 09:46 PM

for crappie fishing, auto pilot trolling motor
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Boat equipment that has changed fishing! - 09/02/21 09:20 PM

i would say spot lock and di/si
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum