Texas Fishing Forum

Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/27/21 08:57 PM

Crappie Anglers of Texas will be holding the 4th annual Veterans tournament on Lake Lavon, Sept 11, at Little Ridge Park. Tournament is open to all Veterans; you do not have to be a member of CAT to fish.

To register, go to https://www.crappieanglersoftexas.com/contact-us/ on the CAT website. NO FEE for this tournament. You can also register the morning of but pre-registration is encouraged. Or you can email cattreasurer11@gmail.com with name, email and cell number and msg that you want to enter.

Veterans will be paired with a boat captain for a morning of fishing from 8-12. Assignment of boats will start at 7am. Try to be there by 7:15 for assignment. Weigh in will be at 12:30. Prizes will be awarded but this is primarily a fun tournament. Food will be available at the weigh in.

If you would like to volunteer to be a boat captain, you can volunteer by using the contact form or email listed above. If volunteering as boat captain, indicate the type boat you have and plan to furnish all fishing equipment. And have proper safety equipment on board to comply with State regulations.

Come on out an enjoy a morning of fishing and fun and honoring Americas Veterans.
Posted By: TryHard

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/27/21 09:16 PM

Do I need to bring a copy of my DD214?

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/27/21 09:31 PM

DD214 not required.
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/28/21 03:15 AM

I am a vet and have my own boat but can fish 4 comfortably in my G3 2400. Do I register and just show up to be paired with others? Is it best 7 crappie for weigh in?

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/28/21 03:48 PM

Please register as a boat captain and be there by 7am. When you register, indicate you will be able to take more than one person with you.
I'm not sure if this is best 7 or just big fish. I will find out.
Thanks for volunteering.

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/28/21 04:01 PM

THIS IS BIG FISH ONLY. This is a very informal tournament (I use that term very loosely), 98% fun and maybe 2% competitive. Who wins doesn't matter.
This is about honoring veterans and having fun. And with the current world situation, we need to be honoring and having some fun.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/28/21 04:43 PM

Great stuff Ken! And good work CAT!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/30/21 02:11 AM

Good time for sure!! Hate I’m going to miss it! CAT does it up right!!! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/30/21 02:33 AM

Awesome Thread! flag soldier
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Veterans Tournament Lake Lavon Sept 11 - 08/30/21 10:13 AM

thumb