Texas Fishing Forum

Limit fishing a different way

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Limit fishing a different way - 08/14/21 01:00 AM

It seems on the lake I fish the brush pile fish have vacated for the summer so I called and audible and headed to the submerged trees near the river channel, which I’ve never done, it’s a forest. What I learned was the crappie were in the biggest trees that had a horizontal limb. I couldn’t imagine fishing the way I did today without livescope and being successful, it sure does help! I also learned that a floro leader was mandatory as straight braid wouldn’t get touched. I probably caught 50+ but kept the first 25. All on jigs about 15-18 ft down on trees that were in 28-35 ft. Also, tried out a new bonehead 10 ft. and ACC 11 ft., both pretty good but the edge goes to the ACC.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/14/21 04:20 AM

Outstanding!! woot
Posted By: cellis

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/14/21 12:21 PM

Good adjustment. Congrats on a nice mess of fish thumb
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/14/21 02:48 PM

Can’t wait to get my live scope. Nice Haul!!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/15/21 02:57 PM

Solid post! bow_down
Posted By: F4 "Gator"

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/15/21 04:23 PM

Nice bunch of crappie! thumb
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/15/21 09:04 PM

You did good !
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/16/21 03:45 PM

Nice work cheers
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/16/21 10:45 PM

If those are from Choke, my hats off to you. I fished Choke a couple of weeks ago and we only caught four keepers in two days. A friend has an Rv just before you go in at Callaham. He has put out a lot of brush and we kept thinking they would be on some of em. Sometimes being stubborn can come back to bite you.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Limit fishing a different way - 08/21/21 12:47 AM

[Linked Image]

Round 2, another limit although the size was much smaller. Another lesson I learned was that the fish don’t set up in the trees very well until after 11:00. I guess once the sun gets high they tuck in the shade of the limbs.
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum