Texas Fishing Forum

New Houston Area Crappie Guide

Posted By: SK.

New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/03/21 04:24 AM

As most of you know I've been at these crappie several years, I've now step out to become a Full Time Crappie Guide and would love to fish with you and share the work it takes to put fish in the boat on the lakes we have down here.
Right now you can email me to get on the list to schedule a trip (skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com) which will start in a week or so.

Lake Houston is one of the toughest lakes in my area and the one that has drawn the most interest but I'll also be on Lake Conroe and soon available Lake Somerville, Gibbons Creek and Lake Livingston.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: THarris22

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/03/21 08:02 PM

Wishing you well SK. You will do good sir. Are you guiding full time or are you going to be working and guiding?
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/03/21 09:39 PM

HUGE news! Good stuff SK and be sure you remember to have FUN and it will never feel like work.

I'd love to get to a point where I could semi-retire and guide when money is no object. I have a long ways to go on both skills and money!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/04/21 05:14 PM

Wish you the best Mr. SK thumb
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/04/21 05:39 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: pop r

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/04/21 10:00 PM

You got this SK! Best of luck. thumb
Posted By: Laner

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/05/21 04:44 PM

I think you're going to knock it out of the park SK. I'm happy for ya man!
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/05/21 04:53 PM

SK -- jumping from all your crappie producing videos to being a great guide is a no brainer. You'll do great! Best wishes on the career change.
bow_down
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/05/21 06:33 PM

Best of luck SK! Hope you do well. cheers
Posted By: Lino_NTX

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/05/21 09:11 PM

I've watched enough of your videos, it's time to get the REAL deal! Any thoughts about guiding at lakes closer to DFW?
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/05/21 09:38 PM

Go getum Killer, advertise in the right places and you should have plenty of clients in your area.
Posted By: Crappie Cats TV

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/07/21 03:07 AM

Congrats and good luck SK..
Posted By: HOGON

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/07/21 12:20 PM

Congratulations SK! cheers

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/07/21 06:17 PM

Thanks guys I really appreciate the luck and positive comments...

As of now I'll only be guiding my local lakes....

Most definitely going to keep it fun and there's a bunch of pics coming and maybe vids for sure....

Thanks again y'all.....
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/07/21 07:13 PM

Congrats& Best of Luck to you SK!! I know you`ll have much success on 'The NEW SK`s Crappie Catching Adventures" ! WTG! thumb
Posted By: leanin post

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/07/21 11:04 PM

I saw it coming and am very happy for you! some people just have a pronounced fishing instinct, and you certainly have it. Always remember this. Customers understand that fish dont always bite, if they did, they would not need a guide. Never ever make excuses for a bad day. sometimes it happens. you can take them on a tag along trip for free when u bring another client out or do something to make things right.
Dont be status quo, do it how you want to do it..
Posted By: Keith Stone!

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/13/21 04:14 PM

I hope your client list multiplies and trip schedule stays full Fred!
Posted By: TryHard

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/13/21 05:39 PM

Wishing you all the success in the world sir.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 08/15/21 11:03 PM

Good luck SK! You should be in a good area to guide! I don’t know of many down there!! thumb
Posted By: cva34

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 03/29/22 11:42 AM

Just found this...wish ya best luck and business...been follower for long time...my Grand Daughter lives in addition where 1960 crosses from Hou side...thats the area I want to learn..Anyway thats on my list before it gets too HOT...will get back with ya ...wife passed in Jan and my world been Upside down ...and still tilted...thx Dan cva34
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 03/29/22 01:35 PM

Good luck and congratulations SK! cheers
Posted By: crapicat

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 03/30/22 03:24 AM

Well, you told me, last time we fished, you were gonna retire, then guide…guess now, I need to visit my daughter, in Conroe, and get together for a guide trip. If you still want video us fishing together, now that you are retired, guess I won’t be so camera shy, anymore. If you still got my number, give me a text…I’m thinking I could make it down during the last week of April, if you got the availability, Monday or Tuesday, I could make it work…possibly Wednesday. I am proud you are able to pursue your passion, and I hope we can fish together again! Keep in mind, I don’t take an arse kicking very well! And don’t worry, I won’t be dragging any 7/8 foot boat rods, this time…I know your secrets!

Did I hear your correctly?…Did you SAY Livescope??? SK, I see you saw the Light! 🤣

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 04/01/22 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by cva34
Just found this...wish ya best luck and business...been follower for long time...my Grand Daughter lives in addition where 1960 crosses from Hou side...thats the area I want to learn..Anyway thats on my list before it gets too HOT...will get back with ya ...wife passed in Jan and my world been Upside down ...and still tilted...thx Dan cva34

Sorry to hear about your wife..... The business has been going better than expected..... I've been seeing lots of smiles....
Thanks!

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 04/01/22 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pot licker
Good luck and congratulations SK! cheers

Thanks PL.....

Re: New Houston Area Crappie Guide - 04/01/22 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by crapicat
Well, you told me, last time we fished, you were gonna retire, then guide…guess now, I need to visit my daughter, in Conroe, and get together for a guide trip. If you still want video us fishing together, now that you are retired, guess I won’t be so camera shy, anymore. If you still got my number, give me a text…I’m thinking I could make it down during the last week of April, if you got the availability, Monday or Tuesday, I could make it work…possibly Wednesday. I am proud you are able to pursue your passion, and I hope we can fish together again! Keep in mind, I don’t take an arse kicking very well! And don’t worry, I won’t be dragging any 7/8 foot boat rods, this time…I know your secrets!

Did I hear your correctly?…Did you SAY Livescope??? SK, I see you saw the Light! 🤣

You know it.... Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum