Texas Fishing Forum

Fork pointers

Posted By: Roper

Fork pointers - 07/22/21 10:49 AM

So I’ve never targeted crappie before, and am ignorant to how to find em. A good friend is coming into town and he’s wanting to catch a mess of crappie for a fish fry.

I’ll be taking him out on Lake Fork this Saturday night. Planning on minnows under a bobber. If anyone could share some tips or pointers, it’d be greatly appreciated! Not looking for your brushpiles or honeyholes, just want to eat a few.

Thanks!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fork pointers - 07/22/21 01:02 PM

http://www.williamscreekcrappieclub.com/lake-fork-fish-attractors-updated/

fish
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fork pointers - 07/22/21 01:53 PM

Daytime I would say fish mainlake timber in 18-28' deep with jigs tipped with minnows 10-16' down but I'm no help at night for crappie fishing I'm scared of the dark. scared
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Fork pointers - 07/22/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
but I'm no help at night for crappie fishing I'm scared of the dark. scared

Hmmmm bolt
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Fork pointers - 07/22/21 03:24 PM

I fish at night all the time but NEVER at Fork. Big gators and way too many mosquitoes.

If you have never fished crappie before you should try the bridges. They always have some crappie on them.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Fork pointers - 07/22/21 04:15 PM

i would try the 515 bridge on the west arm. moon is pretty bright right now so nighttime could be great.

i wouldn't bother with a bobber at night. you need a tight line and soft touch to feel some of these bites. ditch the bobber and go straight minnows or really small jigs (1/16th etc.)
Posted By: crappiehunter

Re: Fork pointers - 07/25/21 04:33 AM

Been night fishing on Fork since 1987.The 2946 bridge and 17 bridge at Big Mustang have always been good at night.I only use jigs but minnows work well at night also.Bite has changed since Sand Bass showed up in Fork so be ready to catch a bunch of them while crappie fishing at night.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum