Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Tournament Lake Whitney

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Tournament Lake Whitney - 07/17/21 11:34 PM

Whitney proved to be a tough lake today. For whatever reason, today was one of those days when the fish would just "turn up their nose". Fish acted like a 4 yr old that didn't want to eat the broccoli.

Fish were caught on a variety of jig colors and people fished from Nolan river down to McCown Valley bridge. Some straight minnows, straight jigs and jigs tipped with minnows.

White/chart Slab Bandit, lime/chart Thermocline tadpole, hand tied gray minnow imitation were the tickets for us. Most fish were holding at 10-15 ft depths. Structure was key to locating fish as usual.

DIV I had 7 teams and DIV II had 22 teams entered. I didn't enter the big fish pot and you see from the leader board what happens when you don't do that. A little cloud cover and wind helped to break the heat.

Thanks to all the teams that came out to compete.

DIV I

[Linked Image]

DIV II

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: CAT Tournament Lake Whitney - 07/18/21 12:15 PM

Sanders is on a roll!!!!!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT Tournament Lake Whitney - 07/18/21 10:56 PM

He is!! That lake was pretty but that’s about all I can say for it! Was fun setting the hook and slinging em in the boat! Went to Pines today and although it was tough it was nice to see quality fish again!! Next month on Sandlin to wrap it up! Little man said he’s coming to that one. He called Thursday eve to ask about Whitney and laughed at the size fish we were catching!! Maybe one day I’ll be as good as my kid!

Slew roflmao
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: CAT Tournament Lake Whitney - 07/19/21 09:57 PM

Nice job Ken. It's only $10 for big fish come on!

😆
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: CAT Tournament Lake Whitney - 07/20/21 02:50 AM

Thanks. You are so right.

I will add that Joseph and Giles are two fine men that deserved that win and big fish award and I was happy to see them get the awards.
Posted By: marschall

Re: CAT Tournament Lake Whitney - 07/20/21 12:44 PM

Whitney has been that way for well over a year . Went from the best to nothing !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum