Texas Fishing Forum

Top US Crappie lakes...

Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Top US Crappie lakes... - 06/22/21 12:22 AM

I like fishing different lakes for crappie, even out of state, I like the adventure of traveling. Googled top crappie lakes in US, found this article, Fork #2. Love fishing Fork, hour and half drive for me, I been going almost every weekend. Lake O Pines #5, might have to try that lake. And the OK/AR lakes on the list might have to try. Thought?

https://www.wired2fish.com/crappie-fishing/top-25-crappie-fishing-destinations-in-america/
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Top US Crappie lakes... - 06/22/21 12:55 AM

I’ve been to 7 of the top 10! Fished tourneys on all of them. Washington was my least favorite of them all but we finished 6th there in CM so there is that! I enjoy the challenge and excitement of a new lake! Go get some!! thumb
Posted By: sandegr

Re: Top US Crappie lakes... - 06/22/21 01:57 AM

I’d say for bigger fish…….Fork. For overall better average, Pines. Neither one of them is a bad choice. I want to go hit Millwood and Ross Barnett.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Top US Crappie lakes... - 06/22/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by sandegr
I’d say for bigger fish…….Fork. For overall better average, Pines. Neither one of them is a bad choice. I want to go hit Millwood and Ross Barnett.

The Rez was my home lake for over 15 years. It’s a beautiful fishery, and full of gators.
Posted By: Shady15

Re: Top US Crappie lakes... - 06/22/21 02:51 AM

Send Slewfoot out to Clear Lake, CA to bring one of those 4 lbers back to TX!
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Top US Crappie lakes... - 06/22/21 03:56 PM

theres a little hole in poverty point louisiana thats on my bucket list. for big fish,,,
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum