Texas Fishing Forum

I bid farewell 🐟

Posted By: BOB HOLMES GS

I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/27/21 09:02 PM

I bid farewell 🐟 [Linked Image]
You know one of the hardest decisions you'll ever have to make? Deciding when it's time to quit something you love... something you are truly passionate about.

I have made the hard decision to retire and give up guiding.

It's in my heart to be on the water with all the great guides I have truly learned to love over the years. I will miss everything about it. From leaving Oakcove Marina at daylight heading under that 287 Bridge, judging the wind, making my plan, with a full boat of fishermen ready to fill there limits!

Like everyone whose career comes to a end, your body has wore out. Maybe it's a combination of things, but you know it's time!

To my dear wife who has washed many dirt guide shirts and shorts over the years. And cooked enough food for me to eat all week so I could keep on fishing. Thank you, Janis! You're tougher than any of us old fishing guides!

For the last 20 plus years, my buddy Chris Watson has always been with me fish for fish. They have said we were a pair of loaded pistols!

Chris Watson will stepping in to work with all of my loyal customers so you can keep on fishin'! He's a great guide and I know you will enjoy your time with him.

When you're ready to book your next fishing trip, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Chris.

Y'all have meant the world to me. Many of our families go back 20 plus years. I know your mom's and dad's names. I have met your children. As I reflect back on all of our trips together and the stories we have shared, I am truly going to miss you all.

Stay in touch! I'm just an email or phone call away if you want to share stories or reminisce on good times with me.

Best regards,
Bob Holmes
The longest running fishing guide on the lake and still the St
Posted By: deputydog74

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/27/21 10:43 PM

Good luck on your next venture and as we all say Tight Line forever......
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 12:00 AM

Well done sir
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 02:22 AM

Grats on your retirement Bob! You and Janis have both earned it! You will be missed here on the forum.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 04:34 AM

Wishing you the very best in retirement.

Loved your post. cheers
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 05:43 AM

Great post. I am sure you have put a lot of smiles on your guest’s faces over the years. It sounds like you have a great wife. That some time off and relax with her before starting your next big adventure. grin
Posted By: T Bird

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 12:45 PM

Congrats on your retirement. thumb
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 06:52 PM

Congrats Bob on a outstanding career! Tight lines and will drop by to say hello if you are still out at Oak Cove....we'll find how fond of you your wife is when you are at home more!! bolt

God bless.
Posted By: Shady15

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/28/21 09:33 PM

Congrats and let us know what you’re going to do with all that free time!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/29/21 04:42 PM

I have read a lot of your post and seen a lot of your catches over the years. You have put many of smiles on many of faces. You have also help make a lot of "LIFE TIME MEMORIES! You Sir have had a GREAT CAREER! Congratulations on your retirement. Fish from now on, on your schedule. Enjoy your retirement. You have earned it. bow_down
Posted By: crope1

Re: I bid farewell 🐟 - 04/30/21 01:33 AM

Mr Holmes,it’s time to make those retirement memories
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum