Texas Fishing Forum

All I can say is....

Posted By: Fishbonz

All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 02:55 PM

WOW!!! WHAT A CREEK!!! On yesterday I had the pleasure once again of taking Katie Mae out for a spin on one of my favorite fishing lakes .The lake that goes by two names. The lake was fairly calm @ 63degree water temp & slightly stained as she and I ventured into a creek that I had never been. On my first drop into what was approx 2 fow ,my 1/16oz jig was slammed by a 12" fish in a Tuxedo. After that a day of crappie Snatchin & Slab Slangin ensued. IT was an Awesome Day on one of my favorite fishing lakes & yes there was the occasional Goo but who cares that`s just fishin. coolio Here are some of the larger fish caught on yesterday that went 12" to 14" with the biggest coming in @ 1.86lbs. Thanks KG thumb[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

HE aka Fishbonz
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 04:04 PM

Nice work HE! Yes, that lake is very fishable right now and the fish seem very healthy. Surprised there were not more post spawn fish when we fished it Saturday. Should be a great summer! Maybe we can meet up sometime!
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 04:05 PM

Oh ok, now thats showin up and showin out! Nice work Bonzzz cheers
Posted By: pop r

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 04:13 PM

Nice job. thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 05:59 PM

Slabs! Awesome job Fishbonz clap by the looks of their tails they've been busy fanning nest
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 06:06 PM

food whens dinner? WTG Fishbonz cheers
Posted By: fridays86

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 07:39 PM

Good to see that size fish still shallow! Nice
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 11:04 PM

Nice SLABS! Good job Sir! thumb
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 11:07 PM

Way to go! thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/20/21 11:59 PM

Those Goo thump just as hard as a crappie and fight twice as hard a them......I never curse them as their fight is appreciated...... And on top of that they get you all excited for it to be a 3lb crappie....LOL
Y'all got on some GOOD'UNS.....
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/21/21 01:48 AM

Nice slabs ! thumb
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/21/21 02:36 AM

Good catchin Bonz. clap
Those goo eat pretty well too.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/21/21 10:26 AM

Yes Sir job well done. cheers

bow_down

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/22/21 01:40 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments you guys! thumb

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/22/21 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
Good catchin Bonz. clap
Those goo eat pretty well too.

Yessiree I`ve consumed a few a time or two KG coolio

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/22/21 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
Those Goo thump just as hard as a crappie and fight twice as hard a them......I never curse them as their fight is appreciated...... And on top of that they get you all excited for it to be a 3lb crappie....LOL
Y'all got on some GOOD'UNS.....

YUP... I thought I had a Bigg ol Goodun or a Good ol Biggun SK
Posted By: T Bird

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/22/21 05:56 PM

food thumb
Posted By: bighouse161

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/25/21 02:32 PM

Nice catch!
Posted By: Shady15

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/26/21 12:14 AM

Is it common to have blacks and whites spawning in the same area?
Posted By: Budlitego

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/26/21 12:14 PM

Jealous! Nice Catch!

Re: All I can say is.... - 04/26/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shady15
Is it common to have blacks and whites spawning in the same area?

That`s a very interesting question Shady15. Even though I have caught both species in the same general areas @ times I cannot say they do..According to studies ,by those that have done extensive work on that particular subject, it has been determined that one species will prefer one type of bottom to make a spawning bed while the other species will prefer something of an entirely different composition. I have found this to be not so much a hard fast rule but IMHO I think both species adapt to whatever the body of water they reside in gives them to do their business when their time of procreation comes.I`m sure you already know this but Sometimes there is confusion by we humans between the species when determining which is a Black & which is a White Crappie during the spawn. The MALE crappie (Blk or Wht) will undergo a color change (BLK) during the spawn which causes some to think they have caught a Black Crappie by species when they have not. Both Species males will maintain their overall characteristics. White males will still have their vertical bars & the Black male will maintain their speckles pattern.They are just wearing their spawning uniforms. 2cents

HE aka Fishbonz
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum