Texas Fishing Forum

Hair Jig Storage

Posted By: andy52887

Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 01:52 AM

Im starting to use alot of hair jigs and was curious how you guys store your hair jigs. Fly box,plano box,etc?
Posted By: Hand ties

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by andy52887
Im starting to use alot of hair jigs and was curious how you guys store your hair jigs. Fly box,plano box,etc?

Yes sir. The fly box with the foam in them!
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 02:22 AM

Any certain one your prefer?
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 03:38 AM

I use a Plano box and cut foam for the inserts myself. It's just a preference thing really. Gamakatsu makes a very popular box for this as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike S.

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 04:27 AM

I just use a plano 3700 box with foam glued in it. Been working great for over a year now. It's completely full of jigs and is holding up well.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DOFC

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mike S.
I just use a plano 3700 box with foam glued in it. Been working great for over a year now. It's completely full of jigs and is holding up well.

[Linked Image]

I am doing this same thing and am very happy with the performance. I tried several types of glue and finally settled on contact cement. No problems since then
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by SlabbedSilly
I use a Plano box and cut foam for the inserts myself. It's just a preference thing really. Gamakatsu makes a very popular box for this as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Even stored in the box perfectly!!! roflmao

Mine end up in little sandwich baggies and eventually they get water in them and a few jigs get the colors bled together! I need to get stronger bags! hammer
Posted By: Dropshottin

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 02:48 PM

Someone has OCD.... lol.. AND I love it.. I do too... I spend more time organizing gear and lining stuff up, organizing by color than I do fishing.. lol.. That box is so pretty
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/16/21 03:29 PM

A good point is if you put them back wet they sometimes rust, the main reason I went to tube style jigs. Thinking maybe some kind of desiccant is in order.
Posted By: bighouse161

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/17/21 12:59 AM

I lived in Alaska and fly fished for a few years. Dry Fly is used to keep lures water resistant and might also help with the water retention issue.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/19/21 02:05 PM

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by DOFC

[Linked Image]

I am doing this same thing and am very happy with the performance. I tried several types of glue and finally settled on contact cement. No problems since then

Any of you guys using SK's box have the problem of the black foam melting and sticking to the paint on your jigheads in the texas heat? I have built 2 boxes like this and both have done it bang
[Linked Image]
This is what I am talking about
Posted By: Tin Boat

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/19/21 02:18 PM

I picked this one up last week on Amazon and seems like it is going to work well

Aventik Super Large Capacity Slim Foam Fly Boxes Clear Lid PP Fishing Boxes Competition Fishing Hook Tackle Boxes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRWXS1...BCXZ923V28XDBPF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Attached picture Resized_20210417_221401.jpeg
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Hair Jig Storage - 04/19/21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tin Boat
I picked this one up last week on Amazon and seems like it is going to work well

Aventik Super Large Capacity Slim Foam Fly Boxes Clear Lid PP Fishing Boxes Competition Fishing Hook Tackle Boxes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRWXS1...BCXZ923V28XDBPF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Now that looks like if wont make a mess on your jig heads. thumb
Thanks for sharing Tin Boat!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum