Texas Fishing Forum

Which one's the best so far?

Posted By: stevolution

Which one's the best so far? - 04/03/21 11:43 PM

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1138553

I linked an old thread that lists some crappie houses in the DFW area. My sister is coming to town and I'd like to take her 2 year old son fishing. He got a little kid's fishing kit for Christmas so it's time he put it to use. He's my only nephew and I feel as if its my right of passage as an uncle to put him on his 1st fish. Can anyone comment on which crappie house(s) are producing as of right now? I don't really want to take him out to the spots I usually go to, since they're not very kid-friendly. Thanks for any and all input.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Which one's the best so far? - 04/03/21 11:45 PM

I would try the one at Liberty hill Marina on Navarro Mills lake.
Posted By: Jack Enidus

Re: Which one's the best so far? - 04/04/21 08:17 AM

It's not a crappie house but Indian Creek Fish Camp on Eagle Mountain is pretty convenient and crappie are easily found there. I take my kids here because you can catch fish within feet of your vehicle.Bring minnows and you'll easily snag some there. Half the time I snag a black bass, drum, brim, or catfish on my crappie jig there as well. Lately I've been catching 30+ crappie each evening. Most aren't keepers but it's still fun to practice slamming that thump.
Posted By: jig master

Re: Which one's the best so far? - 04/04/21 01:33 PM

It depends on where you live and how far you want to drive. I will say this the bite is slow with this cold front. If it where me I would go on a week day to the Navarro mills marina and beat the week end warrior crowd. JS

Ps : I would hit it from mid of this week and on as they’re fixing to be the last run of shallow fish I think. Go get em.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum