Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Nocona

Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Lake Nocona - 03/22/21 01:29 AM

Does anyone have any experience fishing lake nocona? Or know what the current bite is like? I might be heading up there this weekend and was thinking of taking the boat out there. Any tips for fishing that lake this time of year? Thanks y’all.
Posted By: fridays86

Re: Lake Nocona - 03/22/21 01:33 AM

Search the Docks east of the dam
Posted By: fridays86

Re: Lake Nocona - 03/29/21 12:25 AM

[Linked Image]

Hit Nocona Saturday morning for a couple hours. Fish were in 18” water. Nothing too big but they will eat well. Texaco was my color of choice.

Attached picture CBF46C19-5A1D-4F8D-AC94-F16963C2B5B2.jpeg
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Nocona - 03/29/21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by willyrdskillyrd
Does anyone have any experience fishing lake nocona? Or know what the current bite is like? I might be heading up there this weekend and was thinking of taking the boat out there. Any tips for fishing that lake this time of year? Thanks y’all.

Believe it or not, years ago fishing lake Nacona was more than fun. When the fish were shallow , we caught them by the hundreds with a 4 inch motor oil finesse worm attached to a small quarter ounce jig head. The black bass were thick as well and if the wind was up we drifted the creek for sand bass .
Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Re: Lake Nocona - 03/30/21 02:00 AM

Ended up finding fish in 18” or less of water. Nearly all males that were super aggressive. If you missed em or lost em pulling them out you could drop back in and hit it again immediately. Electric chicken was the color of choice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum