Texas Fishing Forum

Catching spawning crappie

Posted By: Gary Paris

Catching spawning crappie - 03/22/21 12:15 AM

Hey y’all, do you like catching spawning crappie? It’s my favorite way to catch them. I hope you’re able to get a little value from this video.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/22/21 12:44 AM

Awesome video Gary. You found the mother load that day. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/22/21 02:40 AM

Informative video. Nice fish and thanks as always for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/22/21 02:41 AM

How’d you catch all those fish!? Man. I gotta go try this. Lake I fished today was 58.5°. I hope I can find them on the bank like you. I’ve never seen anything like that! Those were quality crappie too! Thanks for all the tips.
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/22/21 03:43 AM

My two favorite ways, short line jigging and slip corks in shallow waters.

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/23/21 02:06 AM

I appreciate all you guys watching. Slick Rick they bite fast and furious when you find them. I typically have to find new groups like those everyday as they can get in and out quickly. So keep moving until you find them.
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/23/21 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Paris
I appreciate all you guys watching. Slick Rick they bite fast and furious when you find them. I typically have to find new groups like those everyday as they can get in and out quickly. So keep moving until you find them.

How did you know they were right up on shore there? Previous years' experience? Electronics?

Thank you for the insight.

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/24/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by BTwrestle04
Originally Posted by Gary Paris

How did you know they were right up on shore there? Previous years' experience? Electronics?

Thank you for the insight.

So that particular day was my third day catching them in that area. However, I didn’t fish those particular spots on the other days nor had I ever caught them in that area in years past. I sometimes use my electronics to find them when there’s less cover for them to hide in. When there’s a lot of cover I just start fishing until I find them. I fish really fast when I’m looking covering as much water as I can. Once I get a bite I slow down until I find the nesting area. I hope this helps some.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/24/21 01:38 AM

Great video!
Posted By: Brickmaker

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/24/21 02:52 AM

Great video
Posted By: jig master

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/24/21 03:25 AM

Cool video and thanks for sharing but with all do respect where is all these big monster slabs everyone brags about off lake fork during this spawn all I saw was mostly small fish. JS
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/24/21 05:33 AM

Thanks brother!
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Catching spawning crappie - 03/24/21 06:43 PM

Great video Gary!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum