Texas Fishing Forum

Livescope in office.

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Livescope in office. - 03/17/21 12:37 AM

I have been using my livescope in my boat slip. I just sit with my jig at about 15' and no fish visible on the screen.
When I see a fish swim into view I raise or lower the jig so the fish will intersect it. That way the fish swims to it rather than it falling on it. Works great. Most of them will hit it. (or they have been for me)

It's fun to tell other fishermen I'm about to get a bite and then set the hook. I can also see others jigs in adjacent slips and direct them to the fish.

Lots of fun.

Yesterday I was getting a lot of bites but not hooking most of them. When I got under the livescope I saw that most of the fish were hitting a swivel where my braid was attached to a leader. I removed the swivel and started hooking most of the bites.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/17/21 10:26 PM

thumb
Posted By: Sherman Fisher

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/18/21 03:06 PM

I think your set-up is awesome. My wife and I were out to look at your equipment the other day. I have a question. I getting the livescope pole ready (like yours) and can't remember how do you pull it out of the water. I know you can bend the Minn-Kota bracket out of the water but how do you bring the pole into the boat?
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/18/21 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
I have been using my livescope in my boat slip. I just sit with my jig at about 15' and no fish visible on the screen.
When I see a fish swim into view I raise or lower the jig so the fish will intersect it. That way the fish swims to it rather than it falling on it. Works great. Most of them will hit it. (or they have been for me)

It's fun to tell other fishermen I'm about to get a bite and then set the hook. I can also see others jigs in adjacent slips and direct them to the fish.

Lots of fun.

Yesterday I was getting a lot of bites but not hooking most of them. When I got under the livescope I saw that most of the fish were hitting a swivel where my braid was attached to a leader. I removed the swivel and started hooking most of the bites.

Might be a new idea, was the swivel brass? Maybe just put a small treble hook on it and a crappie nibble.
Posted By: deputydog74

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/19/21 02:39 AM

sounds like a good idea for the operation you have
Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/20/21 06:38 PM

I had that problem as well and one of my subscribers for my youtube channel sent me some jigs that had the circle on top and bottom, so basically it was a swivel. I would tie the jig to the braid, then at the bottom put a 2 ft leader and another jig. Worked great until I lost that last one. I need to buy some more, just keep forgetting to look for them. Good setup you have!
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/20/21 10:47 PM

Tie a loop knot on main line. Tie a loop knot on leader, run tag through loop on main line then through the loop on leader pull till the loops loop through each other . Then tie on jig to tag end of leader. doesn't stop line twisting but will get rid of swivel. I can tie it this way quicker than a uni knot.
Posted By: oldmerc

Re: Livescope in office. - 03/21/21 03:46 AM

I need to research new electronics. The livescope looks pretty sweet. Great idea to rig it up for the slip!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum