Texas Fishing Forum

Navarro Mills PSA

Posted By: RODS454

Navarro Mills PSA - 03/10/21 12:37 PM

Got out Monday for a little action and wasn’t disappointed. Fish are getting much more aggressive. All the usual places.13-20’ of water on brush and stake beds. The fish that are hanging around the edges seem to be the most willing to bite. Water temp was 55 degrees at 2:00 when I left. Black and chartreuse hand tied 1/4 oz jig was the ticket. They seemed to like it moving horizontally. Ended up catching about 20 before the wind blew me off the lake. It ought to be really good by the time the wind lays down enough to get back out.

PSA: Stop at the guard shack on the way in and get the lake map. They have a picture of the lake with marking for structure plus a page with the coordinates. This should cut down the learning curve. I forgot and left in in my truck, so I’m not sure how many I already have marked. Good luck and tight lines.
Posted By: willyrdskillyrd

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/10/21 01:42 PM

Was at A creek yesterday evening and the water temp was 62 in the mouth of the creek when I was leaving. Only caught one crappie and a tiny bass.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/10/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by willyrdskillyrd
Was at A creek yesterday evening and the water temp was 62 in the mouth of the creek when I was leaving. Only caught one crappie and a tiny bass.

I went up the creek by Oak Park ramp, just a little ways, while I was waiting for the ramp to clear. Saw some really large fish on Livescope in about 6’ of water. They weren’t having anything to do with my jig. They very well could have been sandies. The guy working the guard shack said some people went farther up and caught some really nice crappie the previous couple of days.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/10/21 02:43 PM

fish thanksRod may have to check it soon, or Lake Wax.

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/10/21 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lazy Ike
fish thanksRod may have to check it soon, or Lake Wax.

Give a report back if you hit Waxahachie. I was there a couple days ago and the water temp was 58-59. Should be getting close to some good fishing soon.
Posted By: jig master

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/12/21 01:14 AM

It’s hammer time is all I can say.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/12/21 02:33 AM

thumb

Re: Navarro Mills PSA - 03/12/21 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by jig master
It’s hammer time is all I can say.

I can now say the same
Posted By: Lazy Ike