Texas Fishing Forum

Tough Day on Lewisville

Posted By: Bryan Williamson

Tough Day on Lewisville - 03/08/21 12:28 AM

The wife and i tried the creeks on Lewisville today. Tough going. Caught a sand bass on the first cast and nothing else all day. Everyone I saw reported the same thing. 1 or 2 sand bass per boat and very few bites. Water temp at the Tower Bay boat ramp was 52-53 degrees. Water temp in the creeks got up to around 60 by the time we left. Water was very muddy and had some pretty strong current. Hope everyone else had better luck than we did.
Posted By: Crappie Husband

Re: Tough Day on Lewisville - 03/08/21 01:16 AM

I did terrible on Ray Roberts with only 1 dink. Warmest water I found was 53.5 but I just fished coves, didn’t go up creeks.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Tough Day on Lewisville - 03/08/21 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bryan Williamson
The wife and i tried the creeks on Lewisville today. Tough going. Caught a sand bass on the first cast and nothing else all day. Everyone I saw reported the same thing. 1 or 2 sand bass per boat and very few bites. Water temp at the Tower Bay boat ramp was 52-53 degrees. Water temp in the creeks got up to around 60 by the time we left. Water was very muddy and had some pretty strong current. Hope everyone else had better luck than we did.

You passed up all of the fish from Tower Bay to the Creek when you went under the bridge.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Tough Day on Lewisville - 03/08/21 10:49 PM

Crappie are spotty in the creeks right now. White bass are way up and its best to walk the banks.
Posted By: Bumblebee488

Re: Tough Day on Lewisville - 03/08/21 10:53 PM

hadnt had much luck at the creeks up at lewisville the last few days.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Tough Day on Lewisville - 03/09/21 04:58 PM

I was out on Sunday. Water temp by the bridge was 52. Crappie were on the bridge but 30+ feet down and tough to target with the afternoon wind from the SE.

Water temp was 57 in the creek and almost zero bait fish and crappie found on the scope. looking forward to some warmer days and active fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum