Texas Fishing Forum

Lake of the Pines Report?

Posted By: NELA Bassguy

Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/03/21 02:46 PM

Haven't seen any news from LOP. Anyone doing any good?
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/04/21 12:33 AM

Muddy and rolling from what I’ve heard! I would go to Sandlin if I was you. Let Pines settle back down! thumb
Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/04/21 09:20 PM

I fished the upper end of LOP yesterday for the first time. Launched at the public landing just south of the 155 bridge. I moved around searching and scanning a lot since everything was new to me. The lake is 4’ above pool stage right now. Water temp was 47 when I got there and 56 when I left. The fish that I found were near the channel and extremely scattered. Some were suspended in open water and some were holding to the timber. All but 2 of the 19 fish that I caught were white crappie. Two of the fish were over 2 pounds.

I tried shallow water fishing around the brush north of the bridge. The only thing that I caught was a catfish that was already hooked on a trot line. That was a first for me. Stupid fish!

One of the toughest trips I’ve had on LOP in a long, long time. I’ll be glad when the spawn is over.

Good luck!
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/04/21 10:25 PM

Tough fishing today. Fished in Johnsons and caught a few spider rigging the creek 16fow about 8-10’ down.. Saw a guy up shallow but didn’t see him catch a fish. Water temp was 51 when I got there and 58 when I left. Another week or so and it’ll be good. Water is pretty muddy but the further back in the creek you go, it clears up. I checked some shallow buck brush with a jig but didn’t get a bite either.

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/08/21 08:46 PM

Checked a creek I usually wade to catch them shallow and they’re there. Thick in the middle of bushes. I’m going back tomorrow morning with the boat and will sore lip as many as I possibly can.

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/14/21 03:40 AM

[Linked Image]

#keep20myass
Posted By: Crappie Ford Man

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/14/21 04:41 AM

Those look dark. Shallow or deep pintail? Any pointers?

Re: Lake of the Pines Report? - 03/14/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Crappie Ford Man
Those look dark. Shallow or deep pintail? Any pointers?

Shallow brushes with slip corks or jigs. Drop the jig in the middle of the bush. Water was 67.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum