Texas Fishing Forum

Spawning creeks

Posted By: jig master

Spawning creeks - 03/03/21 12:40 PM

Is anyone seeing the spawn kick off in their creeks yet ?
Posted By: Hand ties

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/03/21 03:30 PM

It’s been my experience that if there not talking, then their probably catching. Heading to Mattie to see what’s popping.
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/03/21 04:58 PM

On the same parallel as Fort Worth. They're starting to come in.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/03/21 08:28 PM

Got several reports of fish spawning in the creeks today. Not huge numbers but it is starting. Next week, limits will be caught from creeks. Even though some will say to wait till April LOL

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/04/21 08:38 AM

I’m getting reports they are catching some in creeks too. I took Friday off to try it out and beat the weekend warriors.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/06/21 12:54 AM

:cheers Well its 7 pm. You must be too busy filleting, to post report lol Hope so.

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/06/21 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lazy Ike
:cheers Well its 7 pm. You must be too busy filleting, to post report lol Hope so.

It flat out sucked on limestone today. I tried everything even spots I caught in the summer on that lake. I’ve learned the crappie population on lime sucks. Now someone might get on here and tell me different as I think it’s probably a better catfish lake. I have been fishing it since last year due to it being close to home and work where I’ve needed to be. I needed to be close to home, but after today I won’t fish limestone till possibly this summer. I’m going back to what I know on RC and Navarro. Possibly cedar creek. To be continued.

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/07/21 01:02 PM

I think I’m going to try my luck on lake Conroe it’s an 1 1/2 from me. To be continued.

Re: Spawning creeks - 03/12/21 01:15 AM

It’s hammer time don’t miss out !!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum