Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a long crappie rod advise

Posted By: pmnitro

Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 02:36 AM

Looking for suggestions on a 9' to 12' rod for summer brush piles. Maybe even a combo suggestion. Will be for a female fishing partner. All help is appreciated....
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 11:45 AM

10’ Jenko Kevin Rogers. You can get them from Frank at Lakeside Lure and Tackle there at lake Palestine! I’ll warn you though. You go in the tackle trailer your gonna buy more than that rod!! roflmao
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 01:57 PM

I have a few that I use as I have never really been brand loyal. However, when my wife is with me she prefers the ACC 11' super grip (calls it hers). She says it doesn't make her arm as tired as the others. Cant recall which reel is on it, but strong chance it is a small Pflueger President.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by ~Moose~
I have a few that I use as I have never really been brand loyal. However, when my wife is with me she prefers the ACC 11' super grip (calls it hers). She says it doesn't make her arm as tired as the others. Cant recall which reel is on it, but strong chance it is a small Pflueger President.

Plus 1 on the ACC 11' super grip
Posted By: Desull

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 02:32 PM

A 10 foot proangler rod is one of my favorites (https://www.proanglertackle.com/). You can use a spinning reel or baitcaster with it. I just purchased a 13 foot Kevin Rogers from Steve at Limits Tackle. I have not used it yet but it seems to be well built and not as heavy as I was expecting. I think he also has 10 and 11 foot rods. Good luck.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 02:44 PM

x 2 on the ACC 11' super grip. thumb
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 05:35 PM

I've tried them all...and the ACC Crappie Stix are the rods you want. The perfect mid section and tip for one-poling crappie at all depths.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/26/21 09:02 PM

Go with Jenko Kevin Rogers series in the 10 or 11'...she will not be disappointed! Nice, light, and wont wear your arm out from fishing all day!
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/27/21 06:24 PM

I use an 8 ft Pro Angler and plan to get a 10 ft in about 2 weeks. I am close enough in Wylie to go and pick it up from them at their location.
Posted By: Paveman

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/27/21 09:34 PM

Can you find the Jenco Rogers rod close to Arlington or do you have to order them
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/27/21 10:17 PM

I used a Mr. Crappie Slab Shaker last year. A ten footer, worked pretty good even after the tip broke off at the second line guide, better even. I caught many big crappie with it, was not easy on it at all. I bought another a month ago to have a backup just in case rod number one bites the dust. This all said I am looking for another but everything else is out of stock or has to be mailed.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/28/21 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Paveman
Can you find the Jenco Rogers rod close to Arlington or do you have to order them

Limits Tackle have them in stock, message Steve on here or Facebook..... He's in Midlothian...
Posted By: pmnitro

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/28/21 04:17 PM

Many thanks for the good recommendations.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/28/21 04:29 PM

pro angler rods are almost indestructible. There may be a more sensitive rod but the proangler rods are super tough and catch crappie.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 02/28/21 05:22 PM

Jenko, pro angler and even the denali rods you see me use are great and you won't hear of breaking issues......

I've been testing the HH rods out and will show what they can do soon.....

Here's a vid with what a Denali will do......

https://youtu.be/kkNjBUncGNw

Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 03/01/21 02:51 AM

I sell Kevin Rogers 10 and 11' rods for 55.00. 13ft rod for 65.00

Msg me

Steve @ Limits Tackle
Posted By: Paveman

Re: Looking for a long crappie rod advise - 03/01/21 02:15 PM

Gonzz would like to pick up a Kevin Rogers 10 foot crappie rod. Please text me your location @ 817-991-2939 or call me at your convenience
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum