Texas Fishing Forum

Guided trip help - DFW area

Posted By: COFF

Guided trip help - DFW area - 02/08/21 10:07 PM

I'd like to take the kiddos out with a guide for a day and target crappie. I live close to Lewisville. Is it a pretty good spot, or do I need to look at somewhere else? I am about 2 hours away from Fork - I'd make the drive if it's worth it, but if a limit is just as likely closer to home all the better.

What is the best lake, and who are the best guides?

Also timing. Next weekend looks out because of weather. Kids and 10 degree temps don't mix well. Beyond that, is fishing too chancy in the weeks leading up to the spawn?
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Guided trip help - DFW area - 02/08/21 10:39 PM

Constant Pursuit Outdoors, or Big Crappie.com
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Guided trip help - DFW area - 02/08/21 11:04 PM

Lane would be my suggestion if you wanted to stay around Ft worth and fish! February is a tough month for kids though. I would wait till warmer weather myself!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Guided trip help - DFW area - 02/14/21 04:13 AM

I’d listen to SLEWFOOT
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Guided trip help - DFW area - 02/14/21 05:11 AM

Get ahold of Jerry Hancock too fish Lavon, fill that cooler hooked
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Guided trip help - DFW area - 02/14/21 09:48 AM

Regarding weeks leading up to the spawn the best crappie fishing doesn’t come until the weather stabilizes and post spawn sets in may and on in to June. February is tough, March is sometimes even tougher because you get a few warm days and they start push up and then a front rolls in and they’re gone, this is life during early spring. I would head to lavon or cedar creek post spawn if y’all are dead set on crappie, if you’re set on February or March and just want to catch fish you may be better off with the sandbass run because that usually starts about a month ahead of schedule compared to the crappie spawn.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum