Texas Fishing Forum

Do I need to find a new Hobbie?

Posted By: Captain Cook

Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/29/21 01:09 AM

This fishing gets on my last damned nerve! I take off work, drive an hour and a half and for 4 fish! I can't remember the last time I caught my limit, Hell I can't remember the last time I even caught remotely close to my limit. I love to fish but it's so frustrating. Sorry for the rant. Gonna start thinking about my next fishing trip now.
Posted By: Shady15

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/29/21 01:52 AM

I hear ya. I calculated my cost-per-fillet and it’s still four figures....
Posted By: Captain Cook

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/29/21 02:06 AM

Oh man, I don't even want to try that!
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/29/21 11:23 AM

Winter crappie fishing is feast or famine, don’t base your crappie expertise on what’s happening now.

It’s a full moon right now. By the full moon in February there will be more good reports and pictures on here. By the full moon in March and then again in April everybody will be complaining about having to filet all the Crappie.

Fishing is a game of patience.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/29/21 12:55 PM

Captain Cook, it was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. Sorry you didn’t have any better success. I ended with 25 keepers and about 10 dinks. Threw all of them back. Left at 3:00pm.
Posted By: Shaffer State Farm

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/29/21 02:34 PM

Yep, its been tough this winter..... in the last 5 trips, maybe 20 fish. But it beats working!
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/30/21 02:38 AM

You need to count your blessings, in New Mexico you drive for hours not an hour and a half. Many times nada nothing. I can go for trout in a stream at an hour and a half, the fishing in Texas is a lot better than in NM. I just sold my Lake House on Rayburn, that was a few steps to the lake and go fish, if you can do that then awesome, but even that had some bad days fishing. I guess I just stink at catching, I am great at fishing. smile
Posted By: sunburnt34

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/30/21 05:06 AM

Patience is a
Virtue,,,,

Spring is Coming
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/30/21 10:36 PM

Keep fishing and good things will happen! cheers
Posted By: FowlTrouble

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/31/21 01:56 AM

Fishing for the wrong reason, sir
Posted By: olefisher

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 01/31/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Cook
This fishing gets on my last damned nerve! I take off work, drive an hour and a half and for 4 fish! I can't remember the last time I caught my limit, Hell I can't remember the last time I even caught remotely close to my limit. I love to fish but it's so frustrating. Sorry for the rant. Gonna start thinking about my next fishing trip now.

Captain I figured out several years ago if I want to go fishing I take my boat. If I want to go catching I take the guides boat roflmao

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 02/02/21 05:24 PM

I don't know about the rest of ya'll but this Covid stay at home thing has severely increased my cost per fillet ratio. I sit around, get bored, and buy a bunch of lures that are probably gonna wind up here on the forum for sale. Just got to have my mind on something to do with fishing or travel and can't do either right now.
CW
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Do I need to find a new Hobbie? - 02/03/21 03:28 PM

This time of year is tough for the most part. Fish aren't relating to anything at a lot of places I fish. I can see why pre livescope I hated February so much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum