Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE FORK Crappies

Posted By: Gary Paris

LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/24/21 04:14 PM

Hey y’all what’s the biggest bass you have caught on a crappie jig? Hope y’all enjoy this one.

Posted By: Buckchaser

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/24/21 05:04 PM

I was fishing with a close friend of mine, Roy Greer. I think it was late in 2002. We were fishing for the first time with a prototype lure that he makes. As soon as we dropped it to the bottom we got bit by either a crappie, yellow bass or black bass. It was one of those magical days on the tip of a point in the Caney branch of Lake Fork. Roy caught a 14.17 pound black bass. We called TPWD and they met us at the Minnow Bucket to certify the fish’s weight. It became Roy’s third fish to enter into the ShareLunker Program. It also became the new Texas state record black bass for 4 pound line. The previous record was a 5 pound fish. You can see a picture of the fish on Roy’s website. Great memories and a day that I won’t soon forget.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/24/21 06:12 PM

That big ole Bass sure liked Crappie jigs.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/24/21 07:37 PM

Enjoyed the video. Good job guys. thumb
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/25/21 01:27 PM

Fun to watch Gary. Thanks
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/25/21 06:22 PM

Gary you tha man!!
Posted By: BOZZ

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/25/21 07:20 PM

Fun to watch.

Good Luck,
Bozz
Posted By: Gary Paris

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/26/21 04:13 AM

Thanks again guys for taking the time to watch. I really appreciate it. And hey buckchaser I still have some of those first jigs Mr. Greer made 👍
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/26/21 07:29 AM

Got an 11-2 under that same bridge in Jan. 2009. Mine was on my hand tied jig,
Posted By: gborg

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/26/21 03:08 PM

Stellar sir, fishing with your son , priceless !!
Posted By: pop r

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/26/21 06:47 PM

thumb
Posted By: G3bassbarge

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/27/21 03:13 AM

I have to say. You make some of the best videos out there!!
Posted By: Skeeter John

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/28/21 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Buckchaser
I was fishing with a close friend of mine, Roy Greer. I think it was late in 2002. We were fishing for the first time with a prototype lure that he makes. As soon as we dropped it to the bottom we got bit by either a crappie, yellow bass or black bass. It was one of those magical days on the tip of a point in the Caney branch of Lake Fork. Roy caught a 14.17 pound black bass. We called TPWD and they met us at the Minnow Bucket to certify the fish’s weight. It became Roy’s third fish to enter into the ShareLunker Program. It also became the new Texas state record black bass for 4 pound line. The previous record was a 5 pound fish. You can see a picture of the fish on Roy’s website. Great memories and a day that I won’t soon forget.

Just love it when people catch bigger bass than I every have on 4# test or a tiny crappie jig.

Nice video! Glad she swam away! flehan
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/28/21 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BJH ( JUST JIGGING)
Got an 11-2 under that same bridge in Jan. 2009. Mine was on my hand tied jig,

Forgot, mine swam away also C/P/W/R.!!!
Posted By: jig master

Re: LAKE FORK Crappies - 01/29/21 02:20 AM

Omg I’m jealous.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum