Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie houses

Posted By: spacejunkie

Crappie houses - 01/17/21 05:46 PM

can someone direct me to a public crappie house in Texas where I stand a chance of catching some. Use to fish in them years ago in Oklahoma and am wanting try try them again this winter. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Crappie houses - 01/17/21 06:03 PM

Texas is a huge state. where are you located? most lakes have fishing at marinas. sometimes they are good in the winter and sometimes not. It is hit or miss

Re: Crappie houses - 01/17/21 09:22 PM

I’m in the Austin area but will travel to Texoma if necessary. Just want to sit in a covered shelter and catch a few. I know there is one on Brownwood but it is private.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Crappie houses - 01/17/21 09:51 PM

Bardwell lake highview marina is doing ok I hear
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Crappie houses - 01/17/21 11:11 PM

Weatherford I believe. The one at Lake Brownwood I think is part of the Wild Duck complex and sometimes in the past they responded on here. Or possibly the Kirkland setup. not sure bur I launch at the dam and go by it heading west on the water. Had a restaurant but not sure of status with the pandemic.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Crappie houses - 01/17/21 11:19 PM

Wildduckmarina.com in Brownwood but saw no mention of a crappie house.
Posted By: fridays86

Re: Crappie houses - 01/18/21 12:48 AM

The was an enclosed one at Ray Hubbard right off of I-30 at Captains Cove Marina I think. All of the rest of the ones I know of are open docks
Posted By: billyfish

Re: Crappie houses - 01/18/21 01:35 AM

Check out Stillhouse.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Crappie houses - 01/18/21 02:30 AM

There is Peanuts Crappie House on Lake Eddleman at Graham
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Crappie houses - 01/18/21 03:27 AM

Weatherford is a great closed up house
And should be getting right this time of year
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Crappie houses - 01/18/21 11:55 AM

There are two on Lake Buchanan that I know of, Hi-Line and Paradise point. Both are in "resorts"/ R.V. campgrounds. Hi-Line is where I usually go. If the crappie aren't doing their thing there the catfish usually cooperate.
Posted By: coho 53

Re: Crappie houses - 01/19/21 02:43 AM

there used to be one at lake Brownwood state park
Posted By: Tguid

Re: Crappie houses - 01/19/21 07:39 AM

Go to jackson hill marina on rayburn, march and april, during week, catch all you want

Re: Crappie houses - 01/21/21 02:00 PM

Thanks for the replies. Will be checking some of them out soon.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Crappie houses - 01/21/21 03:40 PM

I think there is one on Lake Lewisville in Lake Park. Or there used to be. I haven't been there in a long time.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Crappie houses - 01/21/21 05:17 PM

The one on Ray Hubbard is no more. I believe the one on Lewisville is still available.
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Crappie houses - 01/21/21 06:05 PM

There’s still one at Harbor Bay on Hubbard
Posted By: Andrew32198

Re: Crappie houses - 01/21/21 06:39 PM

I've heard mixed thoughts on the Lewisville fishing barge. Is it worth a trip or is there somewhere better I should go to? I've seen Lynn Creek marina at Joe Pool mentioned, as well as the crappie house at Lake Weatherford. I'm in Fort Worth, but I'm willing to drive nearly anywhere.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Crappie houses - 01/22/21 12:48 PM

There is one on Lake Lewisville (Lewisville fishing barge). It's better at night when it is cold and messed up outside (or it was for me the last I fished it years back).
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Crappie houses - 01/22/21 03:19 PM

Highly recommend HighView Marina on Lake Bardwell in Ennis. They have 2 enclosed areas with tons of other open dock space. Great store has a very extensive choice of crappie tackle.

Re: Crappie houses - 01/22/21 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by JWfish
Highly recommend HighView Marina on Lake Bardwell in Ennis. They have 2 enclosed areas with tons of other open dock space. Great store has a very extensive choice of crappie tackle.

Looking hard at this one. Just need to find a place to stay a couple of days instead of in a hotel. Thanks to all who have posted information.

Re: Crappie houses - 01/22/21 09:35 PM

Found this I thought I would pass on.

https://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/fishing_crappies-panfish-fishing_tx_0206_01/192908
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Crappie houses - 01/23/21 01:17 AM

Expect to only catch enough for a sandwich/dinner in general. 5-7 fish stringers at best are the usual decent day. Any one can be better than the others on any given day. They all usually have their days, and sometimes streaks of days, where a good mess to a limit can be caught. It's not the norm though, and those days are all about timing. Which usually comes from word of mouth or luck. And knowing where to fish within on those days. One can be giving up limits one day, and not much the next. Basically, whatever your days off are, expect the good days to be a day or two before that hammer
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Crappie houses - 01/23/21 06:03 PM

Believe there is one still open on Eddleman/Lake Graham.
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Crappie houses - 01/24/21 10:47 PM

If you come up to Weatherford let me know. I’ll put you on crappie
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Crappie houses - 01/25/21 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by junbengreat
If you come up to Weatherford let me know. I’ll put you on crappie

Just say when
Posted By: Phis0n

Re: Crappie houses - 01/26/21 01:13 AM

There's a few here in the DFW area:
Joe Pool
Lake Lewisville
Ray Roberts
Lake Weatherford
Lake Granbury - I'm not too sure about this one, last I heard from a buddy it had turned into a restaurant?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum