Texas Fishing Forum

Marine creek

Posted By: wishing-i-was-fishing

Marine creek - 01/15/21 02:07 AM

Has anyone caught crappie in marine creek?
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Marine creek - 01/15/21 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by wishing-i-was-fishing
Has anyone caught crappie in marine creek?

I used to have terrible luck catching crappie there. Until I got a better fish finder. Now they can't hide, caught a ton of nice ones last time I went out, turned them all back but three. They went home for filets for me and the wife, Caught off what appeared to be manmade structures, almost in the middle of the lake. Between the dam and the boat club ramp. (Not the marked structure with buoys, although I did catch a few off of it too) This is them on the structure. Pic is zoomed in pretty tight, so it lost some of it's resolution.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wishing-i-was-fishing

Re: Marine creek - 01/15/21 12:59 PM

Thanks for the info Z, I’m thinking of taking the boat out there this weekend and trying it out. I’ll search for some of these structures out there.
Posted By: Otis1

Re: Marine creek - 01/17/21 04:12 PM

Hey Z, if it is where I think you are talking about, then I was the person who sunk the pvc crappie structure. About summer of 2015. We used to tear them up at night on the full moon with some submerged lights. I remember our best night was on a rare Blue Moon, 2 of us had 23 crappie and 18 Sandies. WIWF, In the spring we would go way up the north end just past the last foot bridge and could find them occasionally.

Good Luck
O1
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Marine creek - 01/18/21 12:10 AM

that little spot is going to get hammered,... fish fish fish fish fish
Posted By: SK.

Re: Marine creek - 01/20/21 09:57 PM

Most probably won't be able to find it....LOL

He's not directly on it so those cords are not spot on...... Those crappie are gonna be down there dizzy lookn up at the circling boats..... roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum