Texas Fishing Forum

More Bird/Livescope Work

Posted By: Fat Boy Fishing

More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 06:49 PM

Here is another video that goes a little more in depth than the last video as far as dissecting the lake and my images. Happy new year everyone and please feel free to comment negatively or positively. I am in this to help folks out.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 07:31 PM

thumb
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 08:03 PM

Good video Sir, subscribed !
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 08:16 PM

Subscribed ! excellent.
Posted By: fishrdude

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 09:03 PM

That is another great vidio. I have a question. You use the bird unit to find and identify trees holding fish and then you mark them. Do you then use the Garmin to get back and get on them or do you still use the bird to get back to them and then the garmin to approach them? I hope this question makes sense. I have had trouble in the past getting back on trees or brush that I have marked with my humminbird and I am wondering if the livescope would make it easier to get on marked spots once I am close to them. Thanks.

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 11:04 PM

Most of the time crappie fishing we mark with the bird and ease up to it with the livescope. It is much easier on vertical timber. Brush tops are easier to get on without the scope because they are usually bigger. Without the scope it takes lots of practice and paying attention to line up correctly. Throwing a bouy makes it easier as well, but with livescope or any forward looking technology it makes it super easy.
Posted By: Littledog

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/01/21 11:57 PM

Do you have your livescope transducer mounted on your trolling motor or on a separate shaft?

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 12:47 AM

I have it mounted on the All Aboard Marine mount. It allows me still move freely with the ultrex spot locked
Posted By: sandegr

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 01:54 AM

Which Hummingbird unit do you have?

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 02:11 AM

Helix 10 G2N
Posted By: gborg

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 02:43 PM

Well orchestrated catching and Bird tutorials !!

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 03:58 PM

Thanks everyone. Is there anything in particular that you guys would like to see?
Posted By: fishrdude

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 04:24 PM

I would like to see the livescope view of you approaching the tree that you are going to fish.
Posted By: C Worthy

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 04:36 PM

subscribed - great video
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/02/21 04:37 PM

Good stuff fat boy. I would like a view from a chest/head camera.

Also have you seen all aboard's new mount that allows you to sync and un-sync with the TM?

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/03/21 12:49 AM

Yes I have. I actually saw the guy that did it first on YouTube before I bought mine and told the all aboard guy about it. He told me back then that they were working together to try to produce it to the public.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: More Bird/Livescope Work - 01/03/21 01:06 AM

Great video! Man Huxley Bay brings back memories! Went there every spring for a long weekend in High School and college. Used to stay in one of the cabins. Haven't been there in 20 years I bet! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum