Texas Fishing Forum

My turn on Limestone

Posted By: 603Country

My turn on Limestone - 11/04/20 12:12 AM

Got on the water about 10:15. Went to our favorite spot in the stumps and immediately caught nothing. Moved around a bit, using the Livescope. Found fish but they weren’t biting, and then they started biting. It was the big ones. None of those 10” fish. The wife was having a ball, which was absolutely the desired outcome and means she’ll be ready to go again soon.

And she loved the new piscifun bait caster I put on her crappie rod. I know...not the standard use for straight line crappie fishing, but is much better than the crappy crappie reels.

As for depth of the fish, we caught them as deep as 20’ and as shallow as 8’. All on minnows. Equally caught on pink jig head and chartreuse jig head.
Posted By: Shaffer State Farm

Re: My turn on Limestone - 11/04/20 12:44 AM

what part of the lake were y'all fishing. we fish limestone a lot and are only finding small ones .........

Re: My turn on Limestone - 11/04/20 01:18 PM

East side of the lake. South of the bridge. At the entrance of a creek. Hard to be more specific than that.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: My turn on Limestone - 11/04/20 02:16 PM

Good job Kirk! thumb

Re: My turn on Limestone - 11/04/20 03:51 PM

Thanks, Red. It was fun. And, like I said, the wife had fun. Said it was the most fun crappie fishing that she could remember.

I love the Livescope. Oddly enough, if it wasn’t for the China virus causing our vacation to be cancelled, I wouldn’t have bought the new TM and Livescope - which the wife suggested strongly. She was always griping about my shoddy TM work in the wind, so Spot Lock has saved me from that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My turn on Limestone - 11/05/20 05:39 AM

thumb
Posted By: daddyflea

Re: My turn on Limestone - 02/15/21 12:17 AM

Got a Livescope question. Can you tell me the best setting to keep my bait on screen. I can see the bait just fine as it enters the water but as it gets near the water it seems to disappear. If I retrieve it, I get the same thing. It wants to disappear around 25 feet.
Posted By: jig master

Re: My turn on Limestone - 02/21/21 01:41 PM

wopics
Posted By: jig master

Re: My turn on Limestone - 02/26/21 01:38 AM

This post would be great if there was pictures. He he he.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum