Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek for the first time

Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Cedar Creek for the first time - 11/02/20 02:23 PM

Heading to Cedar Creek and renting a lake house on the east side. Taking the boat so was debating on where to launch and target.

My first thought was to launch near Caney Creek/Log Cabin area and avoid the main lake. Hopefully the pleasure boaters will be scarce although I saw several jet skiers out Halloween weekend!

If you have any pointers on depth, jig size and color etc, please let me know!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Cedar Creek for the first time - 11/02/20 03:18 PM

Bridges should be holding as usual. Brush in 15-25ft should also have fish. I would also shoot a dock or two (at least 8-10 ft deep ones) and they should have a few on them.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Cedar Creek for the first time - 11/02/20 04:00 PM

Anthony gave you good advise! Congrats on the new rig! I would for sure shoot some docks!! thumb
Posted By: Laner

Re: Cedar Creek for the first time - 11/02/20 10:33 PM

As of today (11/2) fish were on main lake brush in 14-20ft. We pulled 75 using Ghost Minnow Thump Chubbies and Palmer Pile Drivers from Slab Syndicate. The fish are VERY healthy right now, and boat traffic is very low.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Cedar Creek for the first time - 11/03/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Laner
As of today (11/2) fish were on main lake brush in 14-20ft. We pulled 75 using Ghost Minnow Thump Chubbies and Palmer Pile Drivers from Slab Syndicate. The fish are VERY healthy right now, and boat traffic is very low.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for all the advice gents!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek for the first time - 11/04/20 04:36 AM

Nice slabs. Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum