Texas Fishing Forum

BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE

Posted By: Gary Paris

BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/01/20 06:09 PM

Hey guys in this video I share with you one of my favorite baits for catching big crappie. I hope y’all enjoy this video.

Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/01/20 06:39 PM

Great video, those were some nice looking fish. Appreciate the tips for winter crappie fishing.

thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/01/20 10:51 PM

Excellent. food
Posted By: leanin post

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/01/20 11:12 PM

what is the deepest depth u have caught crappie on lake fork? not the bottom the actual depth the fish were hanging? thanks.. the deepest I have ever caught was 42 feet ..
Posted By: leanin post

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/01/20 11:14 PM

some of the crappie trials in the midwest are banning livescope for tourneys... must be awesome!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/02/20 05:06 AM

Awesome video. thumb
Posted By: Gary Paris

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/02/20 08:36 PM

The deepest I can remember is 47 ft. They were suspended over 55 ft. I did however catch a largemouth at 50 ft one time while deadsticking for whitebass lol I’ve caught crappie while doing that too but I just don’t remember how deep they were.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/03/20 02:34 AM

I fished some of the biggest threadfins i have ever seen on Grapevine once. I was targeting Sandies but ended up catching monster crappie. I got some fish to the boat that were not even hooked. The threads were close to 6".
Posted By: Bones72

Re: BIG BAITS for BIG CRAPPIE - 11/03/20 11:52 AM

One thing I have learned about fishing just about any species but particularly crappie, whitebass, bluecats, and stripers/hybrids is that shad are the kings of the lake when it comes to bait if shad are present in that water body. On Buchanan this past spring I was drowning some 4 to 5 inch threadfins in 30 ft of water near a crappie dock for blue cats and caught 20 fish of my crappie limit. I guess those fish were just under the sandies and grabbing the dead and dying shad as they floated down. What's more amazing is that they must have not been scared of the plethora of 5 to 10 pound blues they were mixed in with.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum