Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine - Livescope Newbie

Posted By: Pops0598

Grapevine - Livescope Newbie - 10/30/20 01:51 PM

A big shout out to David at Shut-Up-And-Fish. He set me up with Garmin graph and livescope. He always answered when i called and took time each time to explain in detail what i needed and how the work was going to be completed.

I will be going to Grapevine tomorrow to get comfortable with the new graph/transducer. I'm a crappie newbie. I've watched all the YouTube videos (you pros make it look easy!!) but I still can use all the help I can get.

1. What depth should I target this time of year? (I'm hoping the cold front hasn't made it too difficult)
2. Main lake points? Secondary points? Back of Creeks?
3. If anyone has any tips for Grapevine, please let me know. (I'm sure there's better crappie lakes than Gvine but it's the closest lake to me and I want to get comfortable w/the livescope)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: JSouther

Re: Grapevine - Livescope Newbie - 10/31/20 12:25 AM

I am no guru have only had livescope a year and only 2d before that. I sidescan to find any structure then dial it in with livescope. It takes a while to get orientation right just play with down and forward to see what you like. I turned off grid squares and adjust gain/ color to your liking. Pull up to a bridge piling or stump and give it a whirl. You will catch on purty quick. I wish I would have mounted it at eye level after a day of livescope fishing with graph mounted on deck my neck and back hurts. Good luck
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine - Livescope Newbie - 10/31/20 04:07 AM

Brush in 15-25 will get you bit. Expect lots of little fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum