Texas Fishing Forum

My Invention for Live Scope Pole

Posted By: Tiltman

My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/19/20 10:40 PM

I hope this works I will post after testing

I took an old donor motor-guide gutted all the wiring and cut the shaft down. Made up my own compact head for cable and gear and for now using the foot pedal from it.

I hope to test it this week some time

[Linked Image]
Posted By: flogORfish

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/19/20 10:59 PM

This has potential!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 01:42 AM

Nicely done. Hope it works. thumb
Posted By: serj5150

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 01:17 PM

That looks pretty dang cool Tiltman thumb

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 01:20 PM

Thanks guys, I like doing stuff like this. I have an idea for a lever to operate rather than pedal if the pedal ends up being a pain

also have a lower shaft support to steady it. Just haven't figured out how to make it quickly removable.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 01:45 PM

Am I reading this right? You’re going to have two pedals? One for the trolling motor, and one for the transducer?
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 01:47 PM

cheers Looks good, today looks to be the day to give it a try. Meet ya at ramp. fish

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
Am I reading this right? You’re going to have two pedals? One for the trolling motor, and one for the transducer?

yes the ultrex and the other. If just crappie rods on the deck I dont forsee an issue but if so I have a lever idea figured out
Posted By: Davedave

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by Davedave

yes the ultrex and the other. If just crappie rods on the deck I dont forsee an issue but if so I have a lever idea figured out

I will be curious to see how that works out. Please keep us informed.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/20/20 02:43 PM

Several folks have done similar with old Edge trolling motors! I like how yours is attached to the Ultrex! Good job!! thumb
Posted By: FishFinder Frank

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/22/20 03:50 PM

That's pretty fricken cool!
Posted By: DryBass

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/22/20 06:33 PM

Looks like clean install to me

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 10/23/20 01:25 AM

Thanks guys , Saturday I am hoping to try it after work !

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/05/20 03:00 PM

Finally have some test trips on this, foot pedal was a pain built a lever system mounted to the right of my graph. Went and tested with a buddy(soft tap) yesterday and while fishing was poor the pole worked great with lever. We did find that we needed a pointer on the head to know where its pointing so I made that last night.

I think he took some pics or video I will see if he can post them
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/06/20 02:38 PM

Good to hear the test went okay. interested to see the lever!

the Livescanner version apparently has an adjustable scan speed compared to the Live Sweep Cornfield crappie version. seems they realize you need a different speed to scan for structure and a slower speed to find your jig, etc.
Posted By: Soft Tap

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/06/20 04:20 PM

Got a chance to crappie fish with ole Legend Tiltman the other day. Fishing was slow, but we had a blast !!!! That livescope stick doo-hicky he made is bad a@@ . Sturdy, quick to deploy, etc.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/07/20 12:01 PM

Looks Good !

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/07/20 03:08 PM

I like how it worked last night, I added a pointer to the head so I knew which way if was pointing.

I have a new challenge now, I ordered Mega 360 so I have to think about placement. The livescope works great the way it is but when I add the 360 I don't know if they will interfere with one another physically.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/08/20 12:29 AM

You should not have any issues with interference between the Garmin and Humminbird equipment.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/08/20 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

You should not have any issues with interference between the Garmin and Humminbird equipment.

What about Garmin and Lowrance? I’ve got an elite Ti at bow and about to mount a livescope set up next to it...

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/08/20 02:00 AM

Thanks , I hadn’t thought of the electrical interference but was actually concerned with the physical part. May have to move the live scope pole is all.

Got to a deep stump I found his evening 25 feet , caught 15 with only one under 12 and two of em 2 lbs life scope and mega si together are a game changer for me.
Posted By: SSutton

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/13/20 02:38 PM

How sturdy is the mount to the trolling motor? And what did you make it with? Looking for something similar. I like the concept alot! Good work.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/14/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

What about Garmin and Lowrance? I’ve got an elite Ti at bow and about to mount a livescope set up next to it...

Should have no interference with lowrance as well.

Re: My Invention for Live Scope Pole - 11/15/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by SSutton
How sturdy is the mount to the trolling motor? And what did you make it with? Looking for something similar. I like the concept alot! Good work.

It’s pretty stout , version 2 tomorrow, now also have 360 so need to space them a little
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum