Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help

Posted By: Crappie Husband

Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/17/20 02:14 AM

I’m headed to Ray Bob early tomorrow and we are looking at a windy day. I’m thinking about putting in at buck creek for the first time to shield that south wind. I don’t know how to run buck creek or the east side at all and I’m not trying to tear up my new (to me) boat.

The only time I’ve fished the buck creek side was with a guide and we ran up Isle du bois and Indian which I’m obviously not comfortable doing yet.

My question is can I put in and start immediately hopping trees by the ramp with any chance of success or is the better action back further west? I’m just looking for a little direction that way as I mainly fish the pecan creek side with very limited results.

Thanks and good luck to everyone fishing this weekend! fish
Posted By: flogORfish

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/17/20 02:26 AM

Kyle,

I haven't caught limits up there but I have had some luck in the area. The bridges up there hold fish often, but I started in the timber off to the right not far past the railroad bridge. It's been about three weeks since I was up there, but you have creek channel, timber off both sides and shallows near by, all before you turn the corner to catch the south wind. Like everything North of Wolf, exercise caution. I've been up there when the lake is low and there's some big sfuff under the surface. If I were going up there tomorrow, that's exactly where I'd be looking both visible and submerged timber.

Barfly was up that way just a few days ago and did pretty good from what I could tell.

Barfly fishing

Good luck and make sure to let us know how you did.
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/17/20 04:01 AM

I've had my share of luck just working timber from the ramp all the way to main lake. Stick and move
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/17/20 11:23 AM

We didn't find any on trees yesterday which was a first for us.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/17/20 07:08 PM

Be careful under the railroad bridge. Some big gravel and concrete chunks come off when the train comes over.
Posted By: C.Seymour

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/20/20 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by PKfishin
Be careful under the railroad bridge. Some big gravel and concrete chunks come off when the train comes over.

Fished it a lot, never seen this.
Posted By: TryHard

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/21/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by C.Seymour

Fished it a lot, never seen this.

Me neither.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Ray Roberts - Buck Creek help - 10/21/20 08:07 PM

I see what you did there
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum