Texas Fishing Forum

Live Scope Gurus please opine

Posted By: Tiltman

Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/14/20 02:54 PM

I am finally getting around installing my setup and am thinking through a few things, one is the brain box ? inside a compartment is there any heat issues ? Also I have the ability to put a small agm battery right next to box in same compartment to act as power supply I can wire and charge that small battery in tandem with my cranker or isolate until needed to link. I have heard they are power hungry so I was looking to prevent issues

Also, on the transducer when using in perspective mode do you just rotate on the fixture and find the angle then switch a setting ? I plan to mostly use it on crappie in normal mode but was wondering how that worked.
Posted By: cdoz35

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/14/20 03:27 PM

I have mine mounted in a compartment and have never had any issues with heat. That is a very common way to mount it. I would suggest a dedicated battery. I use a amped outdoors 30ah lithium battery and can run all day with out dropping but .2v. It powers both my 1242xsv and the livescope box. I don't know about perspective mode, I have never used it.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/14/20 04:24 PM

Gary Paris (Fork Guide) has a unique setup for his LiveScope. Check his videos in crappie fishing fish
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/14/20 04:38 PM

I painted mine white and mounted it under my graph mount. I will say if you leave your transducer laying in the sun on a hot day it will go off until it cools down. IE put it back in the water. Kinda like a iPhone will. I wrap mine in a towel now after it happened twice in August.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/14/20 05:32 PM

I mounted mine in the front of one of the rod boxes that I use for tackle. Didn't have any issues with it overheating this summer. As for the power supply for it and the 1042 I mounted a AGM battery near it as well because it was so hard to get another wire from my main battery to it, but finally got a new 10 gage wire run from back battery to it and then removed the battery. I would run out of power in 5 hours, so that is another reason I ended up wanting to run it off of my main battery, cause It gets charged between runs.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/14/20 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
I am finally getting around installing my setup and am thinking through a few things, one is the brain box ? inside a compartment is there any heat issues ? Also I have the ability to put a small agm battery right next to box in same compartment to act as power supply I can wire and charge that small battery in tandem with my cranker or isolate until needed to link. I have heard they are power hungry so I was looking to prevent issues

Also, on the transducer when using in perspective mode do you just rotate on the fixture and find the angle then switch a setting ? I plan to mostly use it on crappie in normal mode but was wondering how that worked.

As for perspective mode, once you mount the perspective mount transducer - you simply rotate the ducer, I fished with a buddy who has it and I believe the graph just keeps reading like it normally does, no switch required. I just keep it in normal mode when bass fishing, I'm not real keen on it so I didn't go with the perspective mount.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/15/20 03:17 PM

no issues mounting in a compartment as long as there is some air flow. add a 30 ah lithium if you can and should run you all day.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/15/20 03:31 PM

I have mine in a compartment. No issues that I am aware of. No airflow either, really.

I do not have mine on a dedicated battery. It’s been that way for a year, and it has been fine. On my previous boat, I had a dedicated battery for electronics only. I would rather go that way, but it would be tough putting a fifth in my current boat.

I haven’t ever used the perspective view. I can’t comment on that.
Posted By: flogORfish

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/17/20 01:50 AM

Ditto David Welcher. Mine is under the deck off the side of a rod box and I ran 10 ga wire to the cranking battery. I think I had a bad battery to start and bought a blue Optimax, no problems since. Fished up to 8 hours with no issues, 2 Helix 10, the Garmin 1022 and Panoptix all on the same one.

In summer, when I pull up my transducer pole, I turn off the transducer each time to prevent the overheat mentioned by ROD454.

I don't have the Perspective mount either and keep mine in Forward mode. On my setup I've bumped a stump a couple times and the system automatically changed to Down mode. I'm wondering and betting that it will automatically change to Perspective when you change the orientation on the mount.

Get used to changing settings though, you will be constantly changing the forward and depth ranges for the best views of the crappie you just dropped your jig/minnow onto and prepare to start talking to the fish you see not complying and eating it .....LoL
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Live Scope Gurus please opine - 10/17/20 01:57 AM

I have both black boxes in a compartment and they are both hooked up to their own battery. Running 2 graphs on one battery was running em dead towards the end of the day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum